day 3 on mfp and feeling hopeful.

Options
hi everyone!,
my name is Rachel and this is day three for me on mfp. last year i lost a bunch of weight due to work and emotional stress. throughout the year i watched it slowly creep back on and much to my displeasure im right back where i started. im an actress and a dancer by trade and image and fitness is very important in my line of work. i did weight watchers years ago when i quit smoking and had some success. about a week ago i started journaling in a notebook and using the old ww points system to keep track. then a friend pointed out mfp. already im finding the system to be much easier and i havent notebook journaled in two days. i love that i can simply journal from my smart phone eventhough the app is not available for palm. i just hope mfp is as successful for me as ww, if not more.

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you are going to love it here :D
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - this is such a useful tool, have a look at my weight loss ticker total so far and you'll see just how much it's helped me LOL
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I found MFP much easier than WW however I still use what I learned from WW as far as healthier eating. I love that is is free and not as complicated as the point system. Welcome and feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • bajiggity_jane
    Options
    I think you'll like it! I've been on a week and I like it sooooo much better than weight watchers!
  • lavergne1
    lavergne1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also new to mfp and am loving reading all the success stories. To be successful, do you just monitor your calorie intake based on the info. you entered into your profile (age, how much you weigh and want you want to lose)? I love that the program will figure how many calories a day you need to eat based on how much you want to weigh and how fast you want to drop the pounds. Based on my personal info., my calorie intake on a daily basis is 1300 and then adds my exercise numbers. Do I need to eat all of the calories after my exercise is added into the formula?????? Thanks for any help
  • mrscruikshank
    mrscruikshank Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is my first day here. I used SparkPeople for about 3 days and just found it too crowded and overwhelming. I have moved my food and fitness logs here and I am already feeling much better about it! I am lucky to be surrounded by loved ones who will hold me accountable...when I went for a glass of soda after dinner last night they all stopped me and made me drink water instead! : ) I have struggled with my weight since I got pregnant at the age of 17. I went from 120 to 174 in the last 6 months of my pregnancy. After almost 2 years I was just back into my size 5 jeans and found out I was prego again! I'm now 38. Recently married my first true love after 22 years apart. We have 4 kiddos still living at home (ages 5, 16, 16, & 18).

I am finally ready to tackle this weight loss journey for me. Not for anyone else. I think that might just be the key to success!
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hope you love it here and find it helpful! I hope you find the support here as helpful as the rest of us! :D Feel free to add me
  • redbettie13
    Options
    This is my first day here. I used SparkPeople for about 3 days and just found it too crowded and overwhelming. I have moved my food and fitness logs here and I am already feeling much better about it! I am lucky to be surrounded by loved ones who will hold me accountable...when I went for a glass of soda after dinner last night they all stopped me and made me drink water instead! : ) I have struggled with my weight since I got pregnant at the age of 17. I went from 120 to 174 in the last 6 months of my pregnancy. After almost 2 years I was just back into my size 5 jeans and found out I was prego again! I'm now 38. Recently married my first true love after 22 years apart. We have 4 kiddos still living at home (ages 5, 16, 16, & 18).

I am finally ready to tackle this weight loss journey for me. Not for anyone else. I think that might just be the key to success!
  • redbettie13
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story. sounds like youve got a solid support system. you can do it girl!!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I have just finished my first week and have lost 8lb in seven days. I know you lose a lot of water weight at first, but it's definitely motivated me to keep going! So much easier (and cheaper) than WW! Good luck!xx