Runners...tell me where you ran a half or full marathon!

Options
DisneyAddictRW
DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
I want to run another full to my 2012 schedule! Any ideas in the midwest? Where did you run a half or full would you go back?

In 2011 I ran:
Half and full January Walt Disney World
Half October at Walt Disney World

In 2012 I ran:
Half and full at Walt Disney World

I'd love to run more races other than Dianey but want a fun experience. I'm slow average pace of 12 to 13 during long races per my time at Disney.

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    In 2011:

March: Grosse Ile, MI (Three Rivers outrun CF Half to benefit cystic fibrosis.) Grosse Ile is an island south of Detroit
    August: Flint, MI (the Crim 10 miler, it's a big, fun run through the city and UofM-Flint's campus. Also a qualifier for Boston full)
    October: Rochester Hills, MI (the Brooksie Way half) It is very hilly but a gorgeous run through a lot of fancy neighborhoods lol
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Ran my first and only official half in Lake Charles, LA at the Swamp Stomp on 12/10/11; my first full marathon will be on 3/4/12 in NOLA at the Rock & Roll series.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half marathon in Balitmore on October 2011.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I want to run another full to my 2012 schedule! Any ideas in the midwest? Where did you run a half or full would you go back?

In 2011 I ran:

In 2012 I ran:

I'd love to run more races other than Dianey but want a fun experience. I'm slow average pace of 12 to 13 during long races per my time at Disney.

Midwest well come on out!

2011 Half Marathons

January: Miami ING
    April: Oshkosh Half
    May: Cellcom Half in Green Bay, WI
    August: Chicago Rock n Roll
    September: Fox Cities Half
    October: Whistlestop Ashland, WI and St Louis Rock n Roll
    November: Savannah, GA Rock n Roll

2012 (both Run and Planned)

January: WDW Half Marathon
    May: Cellcom Half Green Bay, WI and Pittsburgh Half
    July: Chicago Rock n Roll Half
    September: Fox Cities FULL :)
    October: Whistlestop in Ashland, WI
    November: Wine and Dine Half

January: WDW Half and Full (Goofy Challenge)
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 1/2 Marathon last year in Buffalo, NY. I'm running it again this year and I'm also running in the Rock-n-Roll marathon in Chicago.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Running my first half marathon in March in Bath, UK!
  • marathongirl11
    Options
    Cincinnati Flying Pig is an awesome race (May 6th).

Columbus Marathon is a good one, too (October).

Good Luck!!
  • debbiepa
    Options
    I'm from Wisconsin and have run the Cellcom Half and Full in the past-very cool to run through the Green Bay Packer's Stadium before crossing the finish line. I've also run the Fox Cities Half. Looking to do the Oshkosh Half and Cellcom Half again to start out the year and who knows after that! :happy:
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Half @ Gasparilla Tampa and a full in Ft. Lauderdale (A1A). St Pete RnR half is coming up.
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The first Saturday in May is the Indianapolis Mini Marathon 13.1 -- this year it's on May 5. It is the largest 1/2 in the nation w/ approximately 30,000 participants -- elite runners, athletes, walkers -- all sorts of people. It is one of the events that leads up the Indy 500 at the end of May. The race course is flat and fast and includes a complete lap around the Indy 500 track!!

Definitely a bucket list race -- come join in the fun in Indiana!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my first half marathon was in deadwood, south dakota. fantastic, gorgeous course. second one was denver, colorado. it was okay. third on will be in denver again, approximately the same area.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    my first half marathon was in deadwood, south dakota. fantastic, gorgeous course. second one was denver, colorado. it was okay. third on will be in denver again, approximately the same area.

I'm east river so deadwood would be a race I can do! It's only apx 6 hr drive plus my brother lives in rapid city. I'll have to check into it!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

In 2011 I ran:

In 2012 I ran:

Midwest well come on out!

2011 Half Marathons

January: Miami ING
    May: Cellcom Half in Green Bay, WI
    August: Chicago Rock n Roll
    September: Fox Cities Half
    October: Whistlestop Ashland, WI and St Louis Rock n Roll
    November: Savannah, GA Rock n Roll

2012 (both Run and Planned)

January: WDW Half Marathon
    May: Cellcom Half Green Bay, WI and Pittsburgh Half
    July: Chicago Rock n Roll Half
    September: Fox Cities FULL :)
    October: Whistlestop in Ashland, WI
    November: Wine and Dine Half

January: WDW Half and Full (Goofy Challenge)

Do you live in WI? I just moved here (from Iowa) in August and am looking for some good races to do this year, so I will be looking over your list. :)

For full marathon's I've run:

IMT Des Moines Marathon - Des Moines, IA (fall - October)
    Grandma's Marathon - Duluth, MN (spring - June)

I'm signed up for Grandma's for June 2012. That's the only thing official I have on my calendar.

Thinking about a half-marathon, the Door County Half Marathon in Peninsula State Park in WI, that's in early May I believe.