Abnormal Eating Schedule?

Options
I tend to eat 2-3 meals before noon because I get so hungry that I start feeling sick if I don't eat but then I'm not hungry the rest of the day so I don't eat. Is this healthy?

I've tried to just snack when I get hungry in the AM but all that does is increase my calorie count because I end up eating another meal on top of it anyway. I've also tried drinking lots of water which will pause it for maybe a half hour but I can't drink endless amounts of water. Any suggestions? I know I'm supposed to spread out meals.

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    If you're getting enough calories and nutrients during the day, it's really not that big a deal. I tend to only eat once a day - dinner - or twice if I'm super hungry. The human body can handle short intermittent fasting just fine.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You're basically following an intermittant fasting (IF) regimen, depending on if your really don't eat in the afternoons. My IF schedule is the exact opposite, not eating in the morning and having my 8hour feeding window at night. But to each their own. IF has been shown to work by a number of members and is, at least theoretically, nutritionally sound. Check out leangains.com for more info on IF.