Recipe Group?

dakitten2
dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
Is there a recipe group on MFP? I've been reading a lot of the great posts and finding a lot of great looking recipes. I posted a couple of recipes last nite but maybe because I'm new to this particular forum, no one seems interested, so I thought maybe there is a group to join to participate or maybe my recipes just sucked. LOL I have a passion for cooking and ran a recipe blog for years. Although I'm a southern cook by heart, I'm changing the way I cook and looking for more healthy recipes for now and for my future. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Replies

• njh2008
    njh2008 Posts: 35 Member
    Just to be nosy but what is with the "Southern Cook " in America, are they reknown for being less healthy cooks?? It is just I have seen this on a few posts now..?:ohwell:
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Uh, no your recipe does not suck...give me more! I didn't see where you posted the 2nd one so I will go to your page and find it! If you have a passion for it start your own recipe blog using the MFP blog! I will follow your blog because although I can cook, and cook well, I am too lazy to ever blog about it! Besides I always seem to be out of ideas! Even if you don't have a huge following you are discovering good healthy recipes for you, and for your MFP friends! Go for it!
  • dakitten2
    NJH, southern cooking is really great foods but not always a healthy choice. It's generally very rich, calorie-laden foods that we were brought up on. Everything was fried in lard. Always used real butter. Think Paula Deen style of cooking. No regard for calories or healthiness is the way we were brought up. Hence this is why my fat butt is here now. LOL
  • dakitten2
    I think the second recipe I posted was Grecian Tomato Salad and the first one was the Braziian chicken that you have already copied.
  • 2Big4MyBritches
    2Big4MyBritches Posts: 23 Member
    I love the idea of you starting a recipe blog...or even a new group! If you do, please let me know, so I can follow it (or join). I, too, am a "southern cook" trying to change things up so that I and my family can eat a little more healthy. Headed to find the recipes you already posted right now...
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 341 Member
    Great idea
  • wouln't mind joining this as always looking for ideas
  • twest109
    twest109 Posts: 14 Member
    I too love to cook southren food...hell Iam from Ky. Y'all! but haven't fried anything for 2 weeks...Love homemade biscuts and gravy...may have to have that as a cheat day...and hit the gym hard....lol. I would like to be on your Recipe Group and also your friend...sounds like we got alot in common... :flowerforyou: Anyone can friend me. Always welcome in a Southren Home...Y'all come back now Ya hear!
  • dakitten2
    LOL I am a Kentucky gal too! And a big yum on the biscuits and gravy! I'm going to think about starting a group if no one is already doing one. I used to love doing a food blog but a couple of illnesses really sidetracked me and I shut it down. Then I just joined a couple of food sites and posted recipes there.

I have a passion for food that has been hand down thru the generations. My gramma was an awesome cook and so is my dad. I learned from standing in a chair beside both of them with a big huge apron drapped around me. My Dad and I both went into the corporate world for our fame and fortune (LOL), however, we both regret that we did not pursue our passion of food and cooking and opening our own restaurant together. Some days I think about opening a catering business but I do love my retirement and the ability to travel whenever we feel like it. At 76, my Dad is still an awesome cook and does all the cooking for him and my step-mom. He was always the cook in the house. Like me, cookbooks are everywhere in our houses along with every kitchen appliance known to mankind. LOL Now I help out by cooking some meals for them every week as they both are not as able to do what they used to. So I get my love of cooking and my parents get to rate the meals. LOL My Dad will always be the first to let me know what to do to improve something, which is the way I want it. Recipes are a base to go by but adding or making it your own creation comes through trial and error. So I always offer recipes as a base and feel free to take any creative means you want to enhance it to make it your own.

I use the freshest ingredients possible in making my recipes as fresh herbs, veggies and such are so much tastier than what you can get in cans or jars. We've turned my Dad's backyard into a garden for them and for us which is great since they just live 3/4 of a mile away from us.

So I'll think about doing a group if none already exists but right now I'm fighting a cold and off to bed for some rest and some hot tea.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    There's a group called Recipe Swap. I'm a member. If you start another recipe group I will join it also. Keep the recipes coming!
  • I just joined a recipe group on MFP. It is titled Recipes for Life. I found it under groups. Check it out. Good luck. I love to cook and eat of course...that's why I had to join MFP.
  • dakitten2
    No need for me to start a group if others already exists. But I'll continue to add recipes if people would like.