What if?

Options
Ok, I just started today and I went 64 cal over! That's not good is it? :noway:

Replies

• gaylecw
    gaylecw Posts: 34
    Options
    It's only your first day! Just try again tomorrow. I can't even figure out how to post a question on the forum?
  • Semperfione
    Options
    I would not worry about it, as MFP is not accurate for everyone here. It is ok to go over, and you might think of doing this. Take your daily total you can eat in calories, take that number times seven, and then make a menu out for every other day, and how many calories you will eat. some days you can be over lets say one hundred calories, then the next day down two hundred less, then the next day go over three hundred, and work it in as a routine, your body will be tricked into thinking your doing something to it rather than a diet. Good luck, hang tight my friend, your going to make it.
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    If it's your first day I wouldn't worry about it too much. Me personally, for that few calories over I'd jump on the elliptical really quick and burn them off :)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    If you ask me.... 64 cals is within the margin of error of estimating.... so it barely counts as over.... I think calorie counting is generally + or - 100 every day.
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    Hahahah...... That's perfectly good!!!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'd say pat yourself on the back. Usually when I go over, its more like hundreds.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    64 calories is not a big deal. Remember, whatever number that MFP gives you is a deficit, its significantly lower than your base calories. Your fine, just try not to go to far over, keep at it, maybe do some exercise to counteract the calories
  • Tcarreen
    Options
    Whew! Ok, i just didn't want to start off on the wrong foot. Another question though. What if I go over my protein level? I think that's a good thig right? Just learning about this diet stuff. A lot to learn...:embarassed:
  • Kassandrainnes
    Options
    I went over yesterday. It happens, I just make it up by doing 10 more minutes of Cardio
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the protein at all! The numbers on here are low for that. As far as the calories go, 64 is not a big deal at all. If you are worried about it, you could go take a 10 minute walk and probably burn that many calories!
  • Tcarreen
    Options
    ok,so yesterday i didn't eat enough calories! It said if i don't reach my goal in cal my body goes into starvation mode and will start storing my cal. No problem, today I'm going to get it right!:bigsmile: