Hi, New to MFP - Excited and scared about this journey!

Options
Hello,
I have been on MFP for about a week and figured it was time to introduce myself. I feel like I already know alot of you because I am pretty sure I have read every post from the past three months in 7 days!! Lots of awesome information on these boards. You all make the 30 day shred seem fun...LOL. and your stories give me hope :-)

So to give you a little history on my weight/food issues - I have had them all my life. I have gone from Bulimia to Anorexia to compuisive overeating. I am FINALLY at a point in my life where I simply want to be healthy, I want longevity! I dont want to swing with extremes and obsess. I just want to live.

So I have about 55 pounds left to lose and then I will be right around 140 and that range is healthy and comfortable for me. I am starting this journey slowly because that is how I will learn it best. I am staying in the 1200 calorie range and feel comfortable with that. I should be exercising more, but I have been walking my dogs 30 to 60 minutes everyday despite the weather and its my starting point. I (and them) feel the difference!

So, I am not sure what else to say except I could really use all the support possible. I never want to forget this is a lifelong journey to health...NOT a six week "diet".

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to "meeting" all of you!!

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club :) You're off to a good start, so I hope you can keep it up ^^
  • mama_laura13
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Laura and I am from Alabama. This is only my second day on this program but like you, I have dealt with weight issues all my life and I am so over it! Ready to take control of my life and my weight and be the person I want to be inside and out! Good luck and hopefully we can help encourage each other along this journey!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You can do this!
  • pink09diamonds
    Options
    Welcome!! My name is Sinead from Ireland on here a week myself so feel free to add me and we can encourage eachother along the way have min 65 pounds to lose myself.
    We CAN do it :)
    I wish you all the luck in your journey to a long and healthy life :)
  • Structured_Chaos
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support and kindness!! :happy: