P90X

Options
Thinking about buying this an wondering if it is worth the money andd if it really works? Is it any better than just doing cardio everyday at burning fat and calories

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh, absolutely! I am in the best shape of my life now, at 37 with two kids, than I was in my 20's. And, there is no question that I am stronger. I can now do a wide variety of pushups (clapping, one-arm) all from my toes; I don't even think about dropping to my knees.

You should check out my site at www.beachbodycoach.com/sandy429. Click 'Read My Story' and my profile will come up.

I'm going to start my workout right now! :bigsmile:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thinking about buying this an wondering if it is worth the money andd if it really works? Is it any better than just doing cardio everyday at burning fat and calories

Check out the P90X thread that is running on here.

It's the real deal. I've had phenomenal results.
  • Trainhard911
    Trainhard911 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know a coworker and his wife that have done the program and they have completely gone lean and toned, look great and lost weight, they were not overweight to begin with just wanted to gain definition and they did!
  • PrincessSaraMM
    Options
    I know people who have used P90X and they LOVED it and say it is worth every penny. I was just looking into it last night and if you go to youtube.com people have posted progress videos, before and after pictures, you can even see some of the P90X workouts on there and try them out before you make the investment!

Best of luck...

Sara
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Yes, it is!! It really works as long as you use the program. :wink: I can do full pullups (see my profile pic) now and am in the best shape of my life! :drinker:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you actually do it, I think it's worth the investment. I agree that people on here have achieved awesome results. However, my sister-in-law purchased the program, but to her it was not fun to do - no peppy music, etc.- so she didn't do it. It's also quite a time investment (at least 60-75 min a day for the full 3 months). Just a few of the down-side points to think about as well as the good... hope that helps.
  • jcreyes
    jcreyes Posts: 8
    Options
    P90X is the real deal.

I'm currently on my second round and have dropped 30 lbs, built muscle, and at 40 I'm in the best shape of my life. Prior to doing P90X I would run and swim daily but my body had reached the "plateau effect" and I was just maintaining my weight of 220 lbs. P90X helped me overcome the "plateau effect".

The workouts are very challenging though, and the program is very structured and comes complete with a nutrition plan. If you want the maximun results you'll have to follow the program as closely as possible. People will tell you that the program is great but no one will tell you that it is easy. It's like Tony Horton, the program's creator, says in one of the videos, "I know it's hard....it's supposed to be".

So be ready to be challeged, but also be ready to look and feel great!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    When people personally ask me about P90X, I always tell them that it works if you can commit yourself to doing it. I got my copy from someone who never bothered to open it so it obviously didn't work for her, hehe.

Anyway, I have photos to show off what it's done for me so far (in my profile). I reached my half-way mark yesterday. And I'm more than happy with where I am and where I'm heading. The weight doesn't come off fast but every pound shows! In fact, between my Day 30 and Day 45 photos, there is only a one-pound difference :laugh:.

EDIT: Oh, I wasn't in very good shape when I started. I went from sedentary, to a month of yoga and stretching, to P90X. So yeah, commitment and motivation will go a long way!
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    thanks I just ordered it!!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    thanks I just ordered it!!!

Here's to those last 5 pounds! :drinker: Woot!