cant stop going over my limit!

Options
i keep going over my 1200 cal limit, i am good all day, then around 5 or 6 everyday its the same thing- i pig out! and it seems if i dont pig out one day, its worse the next! any tips on how to stay on track? :ohwell:

Replies

• dani728
    dani728 Posts: 15
    Options
    i keep going over my 1200 cal limit, i am good all day, then around 5 or 6 everyday its the same thing- i pig out! and it seems if i dont pig out one day, its worse the next! any tips on how to stay on track? :ohwell:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    I spead out my meals and have smaller ones or a piece of fruit and then get busy doing something else when I think I am having a craving. Also a big glass of water helps too. Many people mistake thirst for hunger.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    write out your food plan for the week, try to give yourself some leeway on snacks, but make sure you have your food plan laid out before hand. If your still hungry, check what types of food your eating, food high in fiber and protein can keep you feeling full longer.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to have snacks throughout the day to keep food in your tummy and to ensure you don't ever feel like you are starving? I rarely pig out when I am sure to eat my snacks. It helps a LOT! Are you also working out? If you're working out, you SHOULD be eating at least some of those calories, too, so you might not be as bad off as you thought. Try making up snack bags and keep them around for when you feel like splurging that way you know exactly how many calories you're eating.
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I am the same way. I have a heck of a time going one full week without going over the caloric limit or just binging plain and simple. For some reason I think I need to have a sweet everyday and that I need to constantly munch, that is the worst of it.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    Are you making sure to have snacks throughout the day to keep food in your tummy and to ensure you don't ever feel like you are starving? I rarely pig out when I am sure to eat my snacks. It helps a LOT! Are you also working out? If you're working out, you SHOULD be eating at least some of those calories, too, so you might not be as bad off as you thought. Try making up snack bags and keep them around for when you feel like splurging that way you know exactly how many calories you're eating.

I do this... it works great! and P.S. Your photo... cracks me up... awesome:laugh:
  • elsgans
    elsgans Posts: 21
    Options
    I go over too at the same time...i eat the snacks, usually fruit or non fat cheese and whole wheat crackers, have a good lunch but by 5 or 6 my stomach is growling and hungry...I drink so much water that my co-workers think I have a bladder problem...I don't know what to do
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You should try to eat stuff high in fiber (3-4grams per serving) fiber makes your belly feel fuller longer...
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582
    there are some high fiber foods on this site
    hope it helps
    j~:bigsmile:
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Make sure you have some protein at each of your meals brek, lunch and dinner. It will definitely have you feel fuller longer. I drink a lot of tea as well. Green is most recommended and its great but when I crave I sweet I drink chai tea with a shot of vanilla extract and it sure is delicious!!
  • slimsuccess
    Options
    Make sure you are not eating refined carbs (processed food, sugar, candy, etct) early in the day. It causes mad binges in the evening.
  • slimsuccess
    Options
    Whole wheat crackers!!! . You may have a gluten sensitivity. Try not eating any wheat, oats or barley anything for about 3 days and see if the cravings subside. I had to do this. I use to eat oatmeal and whole wheat bread every day. Then I found out about gluten sensitivity. I went off the wheat and oatmeal for a couple of weeks and noticed the cravings where not as overwhelming (I still had cravings, but not as bad), I could think clearer, and I had more energy. To make sure it was not in my head, I started eating oatmeal for about 3 days--voila--the symptoms returned.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? Are you allowing yourself your exercise calories? I saw on another post that you gained weight - maybe you need to shake it up a little. 1200 calories is pretty hard to stick to. If your not exercising than if you start, even walking, you will be able to eat a little more and this might be the trick to balance it out for you. Good luck!! You will find what works for your body - sometimes it takes a little tweaking.
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have the same problem, but it's when I go to bed that I start getting the urge to eat. I eat every couple hours. I eat high fiber, high protein, etc., but around 9 pm I can no longer resist the urge to eat because I am HUNGRY. I don't have any advice because I am in the same boat. I work out everyday so I get additional calories, which helps a little.