last 5 lbs

Options
can't seem to lose them, going up and down on a lb for 3-4 weeks now.. any suggestions??

Replies

• GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    wish I did, I have been stuck in the same spot as you, its just not budging!
  • fatfranny
    fatfranny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :sad: Me too..... Frustrating. I am just hoping that they will fall off all of a sudden the way they did when I hit other plateaus....
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Try to completely switch up your routine this week, do different exercises and eat different size meals.
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are and are not doing. If you are not strength training, that might make a difference. Muscle burns at a hgher caloric rate than fat. Interval cardio training is good too...such as high intensity for 2 minutes and low for one minute, repeating for about 45 minutes. the 2 minutes of high intensity becomes anaerobic but the one minute will bring you back down. it shocks your system and produces fabulous results!

Hope this helps!

Jess
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, i jut want to get to my goal weight, i just started back at the gym doing weights this week so maybe this will help and maybe i'll do my 30 day shred or somethng like that too, thanks for the suggestions!
  • tuna33
    tuna33 Posts: 12
    Options
    Once you hit a plateau it's all about shocking the body into fat loss.

Like mentioned above, change up what you are doing. Different size meals, different timed meals, different meals in total. As well as exercise, change up your routine at the gym through different exercises.

It also might not hurt to have a few days where you go a little over your calorie limit. Then take it back down. What happens is your body may be in starvation mode and fat loss will be stalled. If you take it out of this state your body will be replenished with the nutrients it needs to be and you can shed off the last 5 pounds.

It's the hardest to lose, those last 5, but it can be done. Good luck!
  • mxhelili
    mxhelili Posts: 33
    Options
    i feel your pain! the last 5 pounds has been my demon for months. i've kind of concluded that if my body REALLY doesn't want to lose them, then maaaaaaaybe they should just stay?
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    thanks everyone, going to do P90X that should shock my body!!!LOL
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Take some time and consider whether you really have 5 more pounds to lose! If you really want to know, check your body fat %, at the level you are at, that's a FAR more important indicator then your weight. I submit that "the last 5 lbs" is totally irrelevant if your body fat % is where you want it.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    How do you check your body fat?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    How do you check your body fat?

sadly, it's a pain in the butt! You need to call around (ask a personal trainer in your area, usually they know, or just call a local gym and ask the following question)
    and ask for either a hydrostatic body fat test location, or a BodPod location, either of these types of bodyfat testing will give you results usually to within 1% of actual.

You can do caliper tests, but they are far less accurate. Or you can use a bioelectric-impedance scale (they sell them at walmart) but they can be wildly inaccurate, best to use one of the first two methods. It'll cost you a little (50 to 100 bucks depending) but you only need to get them done every 2 or 3 months, so it's not so bad.
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    Thanks, i'll ask at the Y tomorrow when i go for a workout and see if they do that, i can't remember if they did that when i joined a couple years ago or not.

you are always so helpule and full of knowledge!! THANKS!!