1st week 8pounds down :)

Options
Hi all Im Sinead Im new here just joined over one week ago and have lost 8 pounds from cutting out all the junk I usually eat im delighted but was wondering did anyone else have a big weightloss their first week and struggle for a while to shift the pounds ?

Anyone any tips to keep as motivated as the first week??

Would like to add a few friends to help motivate eachother I love seeing how well some people are doing it's so inspiring!! If they can do it... I CAN!!!

I have 5 stone to lose

look forward to hearing what anyone has to say :)

Replies

• katherinemm31
    Options
    WOW! That's great, Pink! This is only my second day on, so I don't have much to offer except congrats and keep up the good work.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I lost 7+ the first week and 6+ my second. It will slow down a bit and actually 1-2 lbs is a very healthy and steady pace down. Welcome!!
  • biologic
    Options
    usually the first few weeks will blow your mind how much weight you lose, but some will be your body adjusting to something new and losing water weight.

so don't get discouraged when it slows down (which it will inevitably do in the next few weeks, probably this upcoming week)
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    That's great! I lost quite a bit at first but now I'm kinda stuck but I'm still at it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well done :) Just keep doing what you're doing - 8lbs in a week is a fantastic start and there's no need to change what you're doing.
  • QuiteNice
    QuiteNice Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I have lost three pounds. Keep going!
  • pink09diamonds
    Options
    Thanks everyone and well done on your personal weightloss :)

Im aiming for 2pounds a week minimum.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome first week weight loss. Congrats! I only lost a couple pounds my first week. Feel free to add me if you wish.