Small NSV

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
I bought my watch in 2000, a Tag Heuer. It was an "I've succeeded!" gift to myself when I landed my job after 1.5 years as a contract employee at my company right after college. I had to have 2 links removed when I bought it. They are somewhere, but I've moved twice since then, so no clue where they might be. Two years ago, after my third (and last) baby was born and I was at my heaviest, the bracelet started leaving imprints on my skin and the skin right under the watch would rub raw, so I always had to put baby powder under it.

I looked and looked for those spare links, to no avail. Then, I called Tag to see if I could buy an extra link. Well, since the watch is 12 years old, they no longer carry links to this style of bracelet, so I would have to spend $300 on a new bracelet for my watch. Even more annoying was because my watch was basically too small for my wrist, the pressure was loosening the other links and I had to have it fixed once when I almost lost it due to a link popping open.

So, I am sitting here, holding my 2 year old and she is playing with my arm. It took a minute to register what she was doing. She is sitting here and freely spinning the watch on my wrist. It's gotten as comfortable as it was 11 years ago. I didn't notice at all since it was apparently no longer an issue. So, nice to know my wrists are no longer far :)

Replies

• wondrturtle
    wondrturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are the best kinds of NSVs!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    What a lovely surprise! :smile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely fantastic!

My emerald cut emerald ring with diamond bagettes - a gorgeous ring I bought myself for Christmas when my husband and I split up (yeah, kind of a prize for me too!) for the 2nd time in 1999. I have not been able to wear that ring for at least 4 years and now it is loose.

Wonderful small wins make every day more livable.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely fantastic!

My emerald cut emerald ring with diamond bagettes - a gorgeous ring I bought myself for Christmas when my husband and I split up (yeah, kind of a prize for me too!) for the 2nd time in 1999. I have not been able to wear that ring for at least 4 years and now it is loose.

Wonderful small wins make every day more livable.

That's awesome!!! My engagement ring that I had had resized to fit, but be tight, about a year ago is spinning freely too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!