newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    BEST. POST. EVER! :love:
  • missamielou
    Options
    Bump - These sound amazing!! I must print this off!!!! :D xx
  • prettygirmel
    Options
    you can use Betty Crocker Angle Food Cake mix and add a can of crushed pinapple and put in cup cake paper, bake as directed for cupcakes. On WW one cup cake is 2 points.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Must try this!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've done the Diet Coke with brownie mix. Just mix one can of with the brownie mix (no oil, eggs, water) and bake. It does have a different taste and consistency than "regular" brownies. They are more spongey like, kinda like cake. I think they taste great, but my DH says that they taste different (as he eats half the pan, LOL). It comes out to around 90 calories per brownie, depending on your brownie mix and how small you cut your brownies (I do 24 per pan).
  • kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tried it with red velvet cake mix it did not turn out good for me. It was falling apart and way to fluffy. Maybe I should try another mix.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    yes no draining and just mix and bake ..i make cupcakes soooooooooooo good
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I tried some last night, used Coke Zero (since I had it on hand) and Chocolate Duncan Hane (spelling) mix, turned out better than I hoped! You can taste the difference but they are still good. They are a bit crumbly though, once you take them out of the wrapper so be careful.

The icing, I tried cool whip, but it didn't taste right to me, so I tried them plain, they taste fine, like little muffins. I made them in little cupcake pans and I ended up with 59!!! Which averaged to about 26ish calories a pop, now talk about a nice quick low calorie chocolate fix!

I am going to try strawberry and vanilla later once these are all gone.. and they are going faster than any cupcakes I've made before! (we are all on a diet here.. and other cupcakes come out to 80+ for the same amount).

Does this also work for cakes? Can you use a pan instead of a cupcake pan? Kind of curious for that... since they are kinda crumbly. I may try sometime :)
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Can I throw out one other suggestion? I make the Tastefully Simple Chocolate Pound cake with 1 cup water and 3/4 cup of yogurt. OR with two mashed bananas. I have not tried this with store-bought cake mix yet.

I love that it can be low-fat and you can change up the yogurt flavors.

However, my biggest concern is the sugar content. I know the TS cake has 21 grams of sugar in a serving.

Anyone know what Betty Crocker/ Duncan Hines or others contain?
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before! I definitely want to try it. Any ideas for a low fat/cal icing? Or do you just eat the cake?

You can use fat-free whipped cream/ cool whip instead of icing :) Yummy processed cheat treat! Of course you could always just make your own whipped cream from heavy whipping cream, but if we're making cake with a can of soda then clean eating isn't the priority-lol!

If you use the whip cream you can also stir in a pack of fat free pudding powder to add flavor! its so yummy
  • stosto77
    stosto77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Can I throw out one other suggestion? I make the Tastefully Simple Chocolate Pound cake with 1 cup water and 3/4 cup of yogurt. OR with two mashed bananas. I have not tried this with store-bought cake mix yet.

I love that it can be low-fat and you can change up the yogurt flavors.

However, my biggest concern is the sugar content. I know the TS cake has 21 grams of sugar in a serving.

Anyone know what Betty Crocker/ Duncan Hines or others contain?

I just want to point out you might want to be careful using banana's. I tried using a banana with chocolate cake mix... and although I LOVE banana's it tasted HORRIBLE with Chocolate Mix in my opinion.. might just be me... but I hated it and so did my husband... just wanted to put that out there.. the banana tasted strong in mine... so if you don't want a strong banana taste be careful.

And to answer your question sorry not sure :( I threw away the box already.
  • jarae876
    jarae876 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They work out really good. Really light and fluffy. Just add one full can of any diet to the cake mix and watch them as they get done a bit sooner. I would think Fresca or a lemon lime would work with confetti. Or if you want them with a slight color use diet orange or strawberry.

Must it BE a diet soda. The artificial sweetener that they use make me sick. I dont know why but it does and so I can't eat anything with the artificial sweetener in it.
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to just use sparkling water, does anyone know?
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    I have made these numerous times! I could tell the difference when I used funfetti with diet sprite. I could NOT tell the difference when I used chocolate mix with diet coke!! I topped them with fat free cool whip.

If you taste the mix prior to baking, don't let it scare you! You can taste the soda... but once they are baked, the soda taste is gone & they're delicious!
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! I'm gonna give this a try
  • jarae876
    jarae876 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you taste the mix prior to baking, don't let it scare you! You can taste the soda... but once they are baked, the soda taste is gone & they're delicious!

I couldn't taste the soda, but I felt the carbonation though and that was just a riot.