Introduce Yourself

Options
Hi I'm Kate and I have tried almost EVERYTHING out there. I, like many, go up and down in weight and I'm not talking 3-5 pounds here and there. I'm talking 30 pounds. I've become very self-conscious and I now hate to go anywhere. I signed up for "Title Boxing Club" in the town I live so I am hoping that will help but I'm really hoping to gain the emotional support through this website. No one in my life has struggled with weight or understands what a battle I am struggling so I am hoping to gain friends and support who are fighting the same battle I am fighting.

*I'm 24
*I go to school
*I plan on being a cop (hopefully for the NYPD)
*I have a horse
*I LOVE to travel
*I love my family
*My pets are my kids (lol)
*I love to eat
*I wish to lose 50 pounds

**Please add me I could use all the support I can get and would love to do the same in return! :)

Replies

• Sexi4eva
    Options
    Welcome.... I invited you... There is alot of support here..... chat with you soon.... ;-)
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Add as many friends you can and surround yourself with support. I've been there, I've lost the same 80 pounds 3 times now. This is my last time!!! Feel free to add my daughter too, she's struggled as well. xsirensong Meagen
  • amkell92
    Options
    My name is Amanda.
    I am about 50 lbs over weight and need to loose it.
    I currently work, live and lead a busy life. I am trying my best to get my booty in gear and get the weight off.

I am being very faithful to MFP everday to aid me in this journey.
    I joined the MFP group on facebook for motivation and support.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah. I just joined Fitness Pal a couple days ago. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am a stay at home mom to my daughter. I am engaged. I am trying to lose weight after having my first child December of 2010. So far I have lost WELL over 40 pounds, I've toned up very well but still have the bulge in my stomach (thank goodness my pants cover it up haha) . My goal is 33 pounds away. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I had hormonal issues when I was a teenager and also had a thyroid issue for a short amount of time that caused me to gain weight suddenly and rapidly, then all of a sudden lose all of it. I am ready to be happy with myself and stop being so self consious. I workout 7 days a week and eat right. I am looking to meet new friends so feel free to add me!
  • tyraflowers
    Options
    hello out there my name is tyra,brooklyn ny. looking for friend for support. im getting married in july and i must
    lose this weight. looking to be a friend. add me lets support each other

thanks tyra
  • anitasilk
    Options
    Hi mY name is Anita, I am not over weight but am very particular about my weight management
    I am nearly 40 have 3 kids work in childcare and I am a dancer.
  • xebanks
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cici. I'm originally from Jamaica but came to the US (NY) 30+ years ago. I'm now living in Charlotte, NC. I'm turning 54 soon and I need to make some changes, including becoming healthy.
  • nyyrule
    nyyrule Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm Steve and am a Software Engineer at a major media company. Between working in NYC and in a building where you are not allowed to take the stairs, sitting at a desk all day, and working very late hours (sometimes getting home at 1am), I ended up gaining a lot of weight and am trying to get back into shape, at least back to where I was in college. Plus my wedding is in July so losing weight for that wouldn't hurt, either :-)
  • LivnMyDream
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings all! So glad to be here. Hope to make some meaningful acquaintances. I'm a thick madame on my way to something so much better. My current weightloss is 26lbs but my goal is 30 more by april... straighttalknochaser**** . Hope im sayin the right stuff in the right place
  • doxyeggs
    Options
    Hi all. I go by Morph, I'm vegetarian, and I'm from Vancouver, Canada. My weight has been a roller coaster ride for eight years, and I've been fighting it pretty well since summer, but in December I really decided to change my life. I've lost six pounds since then, and am well on my way to more - a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to become an athlete, and I'm now training for the Vancouver Sun Run (largest 10k race in the world!) on April 15, with a goal of the Disneyland half marathon on Sept 2. So excited to begin this phase of the journey with this community. :)
  • hnb92
    hnb92 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! :glasses:

My name is Heidi and I am 19 years old. I am currently 30 lbs. over my ideal weight. This is the biggest I have ever been. My boobs don't fit in their holders and I am nearing an F cup. I don't have money to special order bras and I know I am not naturally this big. My red stretch-marks lining my hips and thighs are embarrassing and make me ashamed of myself and my lack of discipline. I want to drop this extra weight and get my hour-glass to the point I have always wanted it to be. I seriously need help being vigilant and I am willing to lend my support to anyone that would appreciate it.
    My mindset: NO EXCUSES
    Hope to hear from you! :wink:
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    I'm Lilly, 22 years old and currently live in northern Georgia. I just learned of MFP through a few weight loss blogs I read. I started my road to fitness on 12.26.2011 and have lost 14 pounds so far through many food changes and exercise. I have a far way to go- I started at 300, I'm now at 286 and my goal weight is 135! I want to start running within the next few months and eventually (maybe, as the thought scares me right now) run a marathon. I'm confident I can reach my goals but I do support and motivation-I'm sure I can find that through MFP!