2300 Net Calories Under Weekly Goal

Options
JennieAL
JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
I think I know the answer to this, but not sure, so just wanna ask anyway: I'm 2300 give or take a few NET calories UNDER my weekly goal. If I eat my 1400 tomorrow, then I'll be at 900 under... so, does this mean I should eat 900 calories extra so that I'm right at my weekly goal? I'm doing weight training (dumbells, machine, body weight & kettlebells) so I do try to eat my calories back... I'm ravenous the past few weeks since I added in the weight training!

Is the 900 under going to stall or plateau my progress? Or is that a negligible amount? And would it help to pack in an extra 900 calories tomorrow on top of my 1400 (plus exercise cals)?

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    If you're hungry tomorrow, eat them; if you're not, don't. But since you've been hungry, you should try to eat them daily when you burn them. Your body needs some good, high quality protein to rebuild from your strength training. One week of deficit is not going to ruin your progress - just try to do better next week :)
  • MaynardLD50
    MaynardLD50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think I know the answer to this, but not sure, so just wanna ask anyway: I'm 2300 give or take a few NET calories UNDER my weekly goal. If I eat my 1400 tomorrow, then I'll be at 900 under... so, does this mean I should eat 900 calories extra so that I'm right at my weekly goal? I'm doing weight training (dumbells, machine, body weight & kettlebells) so I do try to eat my calories back... I'm ravenous the past few weeks since I added in the weight training!

Is the 900 under going to stall or plateau my progress? Or is that a negligible amount? And would it help to pack in an extra 900 calories tomorrow on top of my 1400 (plus exercise cals)?
    Not to cross post, but please go read this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447397-my-plateau-nutrition-story-learn-from-my-mistakes