Morning sickness

Options
Kenzietea2
Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
I am almost 7 weeks and I have it, badly. I try try try to eat but everything sounds repulsive. Although it is worse in the morning, its 24 hours a day. Anyone have any tips that helped them survive? I can't imagine 9-10 more weeks of this.

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I had REALLY bad morning sickness during my 2nd pregnancy. All day, every day for the first 20 or so weeks. I couldn't keep much of anything down. Eating smaller, more frequent meals was what my doctor told me to do. It helped a little. Sorry you feel so
    crummy :(
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and I hope you don't have it like I did-I had it for 7 months with 1, the WHOLE pregnancy with the other, so I'm a PRO! Ginger Chews by the Ginger People-I bought mine at trader Joes, candied ginger, ginger altoids, peppermint(candy canes), dum dum suckers, eating what seemed I wouldn't hurl-even if it was totally unhealthy--like burritos from Taco Bell. Do NOT let your stomach get empty. If smells bother you, buy an oil that isn't repulsive(mine was peppermint oil) and put a dab on a cloth or hankie and carry it with you in the grocery store and other places full of "flavor.
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    Congrats, and I hope you don't have it like I did-I had it for 7 months with 1, the WHOLE pregnancy with the other, so I'm a PRO! Ginger Chews by the Ginger People-I bought mine at trader Joes, candied ginger, ginger altoids, peppermint(candy canes), dum dum suckers, eating what seemed I wouldn't hurl-even if it was totally unhealthy--like burritos from Taco Bell. Do NOT let your stomach get empty. If smells bother you, buy an oil that isn't repulsive(mine was peppermint oil) and put a dab on a cloth or hankie and carry it with you in the grocery store and other places full of "flavor.

I will have to try this for smells, they're the worst.
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    saltines and B Vitamins helped me. Sorry you're so sick :(
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The red and white peppermints helped with my boy and sour candies helped with my girl. But yes eating every 2-3 hours helps a lot because your body wants that fuel for the baby. :)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    These little candy things called "Preggie Pop Drops" helped me SO much. Also, have some crackers or something light sitting on your bedside table, and eat them in the morning before you even get out of bed. Then let your stomach settle. Also try eating little meals, just more frequent. Being hungry can make it worse. Hope that helps!
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my ex step daughter had this but she also had some medical thingy. Dont ask me the name LOL....there was no cure for hers but time. We spend alot of time is hospital with her. She would get very sick and dehydrated. Once she got past the first trimester it went away. THANK GOD!! Good luck and hope u find a cure nothing worst then morning sickness
  • MrsRAW712
    MrsRAW712 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Saltines help: try keeping some bedside for when you first wake up in the morning to nibble on. During the day I recommend frequent snacking even when you know it's coming back up! Lol it stinks really bad, but sometimes you have to just try lots of things before you find something that will stay in your tummy :)
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    hypermesis
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yep that LOL
  • alisahaggard
    Options
    I drank caffeine-free coke (full-sugar) before I even left bed. It helped immensely.
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Always have a full stomach - as soon as you get hungry it will get worse.
    I always had pregnancy sickness - with my second child I went on "Diclectin" - it is a miracle drug!!!!
    I am from Canada so not sure what it might be called where you live - but it saved me!!!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Nothing really helped me but Sea Bands eased it a bit as did never getting overly hungry. I found the healthier I ate the better I felt (even though I was craving Chef Boy 'r Dee and sour candies). It's awful and it seems like it will never go away (and I have some interesting stories that I won't share) but one day you'll wake up and it will be gone. Just know that you're in good company.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Congrats and it will get better! I had it 24hrs a day for the first trimester- I agree with keeping your stomach full. Munch on crackers, bread and I ate alot of soup. I didn't eat meals really, just snacked here and there. My dr gave me something to help curb it also (phenagrin or something I think) - that helped somewhat.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    And shop the perimeter of the grocery store as much as possible. Not because that is where the healthy stuff is, but because that is where the BAGS are--ask me how I know(produce section and meat section and some bakeries have bags!).
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies :) I just bought some b vitamins to add and I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Zofran and phenergan got me through my 2 pregnancies. Good luck. With my girl, I literally puked every day until she was born. The zofran and phenergan made the difference between puking 8-9 times and puking 1-2 times a day.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didnt get the morning sickness at all with my first but had it pretty bad with my 2nd... peppermint candies, lemon candies, ginger tea, ginger ale and saltines. One of my friends had it super bad and she used the motion sickness bracelets and said that they helped a little but she was soo bad she became dehydrated all the time and was having to go to the doctor 2 times a week to get iv fluids. Good luck!!!
  • malibulu
    Options
    nightmare!! I had it from day one until I pushed my first out! lol the whole 9 long tedious sick awful months lol! congrats though, it will be sooo worth it :-)

I found the only thing was to keep something in my tummy and if it made me feel sick thinking about it, I'd stay clear. marmite...wotsit sandwiches and sour things like lemon, unripe plums, they were what eased it a little. good luck xx
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Do twins run in your family? My sister was really sick in her first trimester and found out she was carrying twins. She ended up having to be hospitalized to get hydrated. The Dr said that's not too uncommon with twins. Be sure you are hydrated, as that is most important for you and the baby(ies?). :-)