Les Mills Body Pump

Options
How any one recorded a Les Mills Body Pump class in their exercise and if so, how did you do it?

Thanks.

Replies

• daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just put it down as cardiovascular - it is just more straightforward, and I enter the cals from my polar HRM, the figure often varies wildly depending on the release, e.g. release 79 was around 150-200 cals higher than most.
  • roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also use my HRM and put it in as Cardio exercise. Depending on the day, I have registered any where from 500-650 kcal for the full 60 min, but I'm quite overweight.
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I estimate it to be about 300-350 cals for a class. I'm basing that on what I see people get with an HRM for an hour's strength training. Obviously it'll be a little more than that. But really, it's just an estimate. I wish I knew accurately.
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my instructor says that the class burns around 500 calories, but am sure this varies wildly from person to person....
  • Hagemum
    Hagemum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put it as strength training. I don't burn anywhere near as many calories (255 on my HRM doing the new release this week using moderate weights) as doing the other Les Mills classes I do (Attack and Combat) but like the toning benefits you get from doing it 2/3 times a week.
  • daphnemoon
    Options
    Yeah NitaCB, when instructors have been mixing out I can guarantee I'll get to 350 cals, maybe even a little more but rarely less. Today I did release 80 and got 477 cals. Great workout!
  • starkarlis
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your answers. My gym must be really behind...they only offer BodyPump and right now it's #80?
  • daphnemoon
    Options
    Yeah, some gyms started doing release 80 over a month ago, but the main gym I go to always gets the new releases much later, which is kind of frustrating when you hear other people raving/moaning about specific tracks or new combos/moves.

The tracklist for BP81 is now floating around the internet, not sure I'm liking the songs that much - I recognised pretty much all of 79 and most of 80, but only know the squat track in 81. :(