do you have 'your' machine?

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
just curious. I'm very much a creature of habit. so when someone is on 'my' elliptical or 'my' recumbent bike, etc., I find myself thrown off a bit. am I the only one that has a go-to machine?

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The squat rack is "my" machine, anyone that disrespects her power gets a mean look from across the room.
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The treadmill in the far corner, next to the window. If anyone is on it they get stared at til they realise the error of their ways !!! :devil:
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    Any machine close to a tv with a show I wanna watch... when all the other tv's are on a crappy news or sports channel.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    the treadmill in front of the fan i always use! lol
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yep, I would get annoyed when someone is on "mine"

I have been doing other things besides the gym so I don't have this issue anymore but YEP!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Home gym and incredibly fortunate I don't have to share with anyone!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Defenitly the squat rack. I think I'm the only person I've seen at my gym that uses it. Never seen anyone do a single deadlift at all.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I habitually go to the end machine. I hate having to be in the middle, especially if I have a person on each side of me
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nah. As long as it works, I'm happy.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Me too! Mine all mine!!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    nope! i have a Gazelle Edge and its wonderful, i do it whenev!!
  • ruthmsl
    Options
    Yep. Totally have a favorite and also don't like being in the middle.
  • groxyy
    groxyy Posts: 14
    Options
    Nope. lol. I have "my" elliptical at the gym at my work and i set my lunch time at 2 so no one will be on it when i go to exercise. :smile:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Defenitly the squat rack. I think I'm the only person I've seen at my gym that uses it. Never seen anyone do a single deadlift at all.

livin on the edge!
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I definitely have 1 treadmill at my apartment complex gym that is my "go-to" and I really don't like it when I have to use one of the other two. However, I tend to run at the same time of day during the week and usually no one is in the gym at that time so it doesn't happen too often
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    you're not alone mine all mine LOL
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    always say, "I'm going on the machine"...
  • elly_bean83
    elly_bean83 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    just curious. I'm very much a creature of habit. so when someone is on 'my' elliptical or 'my' recumbent bike, etc., I find myself thrown off a bit. am I the only one that has a go-to machine?

You are not the only one! There are only so many bikes for our spin class - I always use 1 of 2...we are all usuals in the class and we all have 'our' bikes and it works out perfectly. I get this almost embarrassing rage when someone new comes to the class and takes one of 'my' bikes haha! Since New Years (resolutioners!) I've had to keep going earlier and earlier to get the bike I want...which is fine, but the class is at 5:45 am haha it's getting brutal.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    YES! There aren't that many treadmills or ellipticals at our gym, but the treadmill second from the window and the elliptical next to the stationary bike are both mines.. I just never paid for them is all. Whenever someone else is using either machine (depending on which of the two I am trying to use at that moment), I feel all kinds of thrown off... then I have to suck it up and use the others and it just doesn't feel natural. *shudders*