Looking for a food that fills you!

Options
I am looking for something that will make me feel full I know oatmeal does the trick but I want something that I can eat along with my lunch that will satisfy me..

Replies

• kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I swear by light string cheese.
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am big on air-popped popcorn.
  • 4lelito
    4lelito Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you! I totally forgot about that snack I use to eat it instead of chips in High school and it helped allot ty
  • HealthyHappyErin
    Options
    My go to food is usually sweet potatoes. They're one of the best foods you can eat, many different ways to cook them and a good sized potato is around 100 cals.

For snacks, I'm addicted to cocoa roasted almonds. Emerald has started selling them in 100 calorie packs, and they're delicious.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Air poped popcorn is awesome and so filling, so are rice cakes you can them in a salty or sweet flavor. Drink a glass of water after either of the above and I'm immensly full :)
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    protein does it for me - hard boiled eggs, nuts.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Mini quiche on a Sara Lee 90 calorie english muffin is really filling for a lunch

Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
    1 TBSP Bacon
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories
    2 Carbs
    6 Fat
    460 Sodium
    12 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)
    1 TBSP Crumbled Feta
    1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

83 Calories
    6 Carbs
    3 Fat
    302 Sodium
    12 Protien
    2 Fiber
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Low cal soups :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ALMONDS!!!! I've recently discovered the 'flavored' ones by Blue Diamond. Habanero BBQ and Wasabi/Soy Sauce are my two faves. they run about $4 a can, but if you eat one serving at a time, they last. They really tide me over when I'm starving, and I sometimes add them to a meal if i feel like i'm not full enough.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of sardines, but people either love 'em or hate 'em! Tons of good protein and healthy fat. (Protein + Fat = Satiety)
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I mix 2 tablespoons of flax meal into a singe-serve container of Greek yogurt. 200 calories, 19 grams of protein and 9 of fibre. It's the protein/fibre combo that is magical - keeps me full for a couple of hours - and it tastes good!
  • 4lelito
    4lelito Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you! I definitively will pick up some fat-free sardines yummy!