Push-ups & Inches! Small Victory :-)

Options
JennieAL
JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
I did a regular push-up today. In fact, I did 3!!! With no rest in between. I've been weight training now for about two weeks. I'm getting MUSCLES :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to share that small victory with you all. I've only been weight training about two weeks now. I honestly wouldn't have thought I would be doing 3 men's style push-ups that soon. It feels pretty good to surpass my own expectations. Also, I measured today and I'm down 2 inches in the waist and 2 inches in the hips since 12/15/11... one month!

And I know it's frustrating to work your *kitten* off and not drop on the scale like you want to (for the women, especially), but I wanted to add that I actually have gained 2 lbs while those inches melted away! And I look way better already in the mirror. So, keep at it folks! It's small victories like these that are SO worth it!

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I still have to modify mine, so I know how awesome you must have felt when you did it!

I myself have gained a pound, but my boyfriend keeps saying I look thinner-- so I'm trying not to complain.

Way to go!
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is AWESOME! This is just what I needed to see tonight.

I recently started weight/strength training a month or so ago, I haven't lost ANY weight in weeks, and even put a pound or two back on. BUT now that you mention it, I am getting stronger, and I may even look a little leaner! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! !! Congratulations.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! this is an amazing victory!!
  • wallacam194
    Options
    Thanks for posting! i really needed to hear that! i get frustrated with the number on the scale when it goes up, no matter how hard i work!
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    GREAT! Real pushups are a goal for me this year.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    woohoo...congrats!! Keep going!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm excited- real pushups are a goal for me too- and I also just started weight training about 3 weeks ago!
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    If I wasn't going to bed in about 10 minutes I would do 3 push-ups too !!!!! I will do mine tomorrow !!! Keep up the good work.....one small accomplishment at a time !
  • MsSueBee
    MsSueBee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!