easy, simple recipes????

Options
Hi everyone!!! Just wondering if anyone has any simple recipes for snacks or meals they can share with me!! I'm a college student and live by myself and I am, unfortunately, not the best cook!!! If you have the calorie count, too, it'd be awesome!!

Replies

• shalwilson34
    shalwilson34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There is a great book called "Eating for Life" that I started with along time ago and still use it today. I'm not much of a cook, but the book is real easy to follow (has pics of food/product) and it has great snack ideas. It also has the calorie count, etc. Highly recommended! :happy:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
    1 TBSP Bacon
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories
    2 Carbs
    6 Fat
    460 Sodium
    12 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo
    1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

96 Calories
    5 Carbs
    4 Fat
    188 Sodium
    11 Protien
    1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)
    1 TBSP Crumbled Feta
    1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes
    4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

83 Calories
    6 Carbs
    3 Fat
    302 Sodium
    12 Protien
    2 Fiber

You can also try crumbled sausage, peppers, and onions or whatever else you want to throw in there. Really easy to make, tasty, and you can freeze them too if you make them in bulk