French Women Don't Get Fat

Options
This is a great web site!!! Thought I would share! :)

http://frenchwomendontgetfat.com/

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    France health is amazing. When I was over there I didn't see any overweight people. Of course, their lifestyle and food choices are much better. Always reminded me of a Banana Republic catalog walking around Paris.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat Posts: 5
    Options
    France health is amazing. When I was over there I didn't see any overweight people. Of course, their lifestyle and food choices are much better. Always reminded me of a Banana Republic catalog walking around Paris.

You know it's funny....I was in Paris about six months ago, and I remember thinking about the same thing!
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    I have heard this also. My friend went there and said that there was nobody overweight and defainatly noone obese. Its sad, in Amercia its the complete opposite.:ohwell:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I have heard this also. My friend went there and said that there was nobody overweight and defainatly noone obese. Its sad, in Amercia its the complete opposite.:ohwell:

soooo wrong, my family is still back in France, I have 9 sisters and a brother still back home, there are still many "fat" people there! :laugh: don't kid yourself, not nearly as many as we have here, but being overweight is a problem even in France, and three times as many people there smoke...eww, bad habits are everywhere! wether eating poorly or being self destructive.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I am proof this is so not true. I am 1/2 French and both my halves got fat:happy:

:laugh: you funny!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am proof this is so not true. I am 1/2 French and both my halves got fat:happy:

:laugh: you funny!

you 2 :wink: :heart: :smokin: :heart:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    They had some great articles on there! Thanks!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the French don't vanity-size their clothing. That's cool!

...in case you didn't know from the above, I'm TOTALLY AGAINST vanity sizing!!!!!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    They had some great articles on there! Thanks!

French men are also some of the most unfaithful men! my dad before he passed was married 7 times!! my brother is on his third wife!! they love their "skinny" women too much i'd say! lol, my mom's second hubby is her hubby's 4th wife...my best friend is on his 3rd wife, either they love women or just don't know how to not get caught! craziness..everyone sharing way too much! lol :laugh: ..in total my disfunctional french family, has given me over 18 siblings!! there's some step ones in there, and my mom now at 59 has just adopted two more kids...if you add kids through marriage to the pic that number triples!!!! :noway: I swear everyone fromy my town back home is related to one another :laugh:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    [/quote

It must have something to do with the indiscriminate use of spandex. American women have cornered the market....]
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

soooo wrong, my family is still back in France, I have 9 sisters and a brother still back home, there are still many "fat" people there! :laugh: don't kid yourself, not nearly as many as we have here, but being overweight is a problem even in France, and three times as many people there smoke...eww, bad habits are everywhere! wether eating poorly or being self destructive.

Yep, Parisians tend not to be fat, because they live in the city and walk (quickly!) everywhere and smoke like chimneys.

Bad habits and bad food are global now.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    ok everyone...calm down....it's not that serious.

All I said was it was an interesting site and happens to have some great ideas, I'm not recommending everyone start smoking and cheat on their wives.

sheesh
  • stratdl
    Options
    I just read some of the stuff in the "portion" section. How awesome!!! I love the "Zeno's Paradox of Portion Control"!!!

:bigsmile:
  • molsongirl
    Options

All I said was it was an interesting site and happens to have some great ideas, I'm not recommending everyone start smoking and cheat on their wives.

sheesh

don't be such a downer....we're chatting, simple facts of my life that's it, peace :drinker:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the French don't vanity-size their clothing. That's cool!

...in case you didn't know from the above, I'm TOTALLY AGAINST vanity sizing!!!!!

for the naive, what is vanity-sizing?? I have an idea but please explain....
  • stratdl
    Options
    Well, vanity-sizing is what our American clothing industry is doing to us. Say you fit into a size 14 in pants. About 10-15 years ago, that 14 would have been something like a 20. I found this out in a rather annoying way. I'd lost a bunch of weight and fit into a 6 or 8. I thought, Yippee! I can fit into my clothes from high school (sure, they were 15+ years old, but styles always seem to come back)--I was a size 9/10 in high school. So I went to put on a skirt and could barely get it up over ONE thigh!!!!

...now do you see why I hate vanity-sizing? Sure, it feels good NOW to say "I'm a size 8" or whatever, but it's not a true 8!!!!! :explode:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Haha, maybe they don't allow the less than perfect set out on the street! :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist...
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options

sheesh

don't be such a downer....we're chatting, simple facts of my life that's it, peace :drinker:

geez...not that serious...