Drinking Water

Options
Hi,

I have been drinking a gallon of water a day. I was wondering does anyone have any experience drinking this amount of water daily and how does it affect your goals at losing weight?

Basically trying to get a feel of do I need to cut back any or is that amount ok.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Its good!
    Keeps the system flushed out!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    LIsten to your body.

If you are struggling to drink that much, drink less.

If you are still thirsty, drink more.
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    water the best thing for you .... and it will help you lose the weight and flush out all the fat and salt . it clean ur body the more you drink the more u will lose ..
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Or actually drinking neat water isn't needed at all. As long as you get your fluids from somewhere, it doesnt matter where.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I drink well over a gallon a day, and have great success.
  • wantmorepies
    Options
    I find it easier to drink my water boiled with a small wedge of lemon squeezed into it! :o)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you can over hydrated as easily as you can under hydrate urine should be the color of lemonade, any lighter your drinking too much ,darker your not drinking enough balance is the key
  • Rudebear
    Rudebear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you can over hydrated as easily as you can under hydrate urine should be the color of lemonade, any lighter your drinking too much ,darker your not drinking enough balance is the key

Yeah that what I wanted to know when do you get to a point when it's to much. Great advice
  • Phoenix5422REUPP
    Options
    I try to drink about 2-3 pints of water a day, it's great apart from the constant need for the toilet ha ha
  • Rudebear
    Rudebear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah going to the bathroom 10 times a day kind of sucks
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I drink almost a gallon of water a day (12-15 cups) too, and I find that it keeps me fuller longer. So i would definatly say that its aided me in my weightloss♥
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I drink almost a gallon of water a day (12-15 cups) too, and I find that it keeps me fuller longer. So i would definatly say that its aided me in my weightloss♥

i read somewhere that when you think you're hungry and want to snack, you should have a glass of water instead... if you're still hungry after that, have the snack!
    i drink about a gallon a day, i've always kept myself well hydrated and only allow myself one cup of coffee and one can of diet coke a day... everything else is water!
  • gbargsley
    Options
    I drink 6 liters of water a day. I think it has helped me stay hydrated throughout my workouts and daily life. However, the constant trips to the restroom suck especially at night.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

It will get better once your body gets used to it.
  • HOWDY11
    Options
    My trainer says to make it my goal to drink 1/2 of my weight in oz. So if you weight 200 lbs drink 100 oz. I usually get close. I fill a jug thats 124 oz. and drink half plain. Then about noon I add crystal light or green tea to it and can get it finished.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

It will get better once your body gets used to it.
    If your body has excess water it will continue to get rid of it, mostly through the kidneys and the bladder. I guess your bladder may get used to a larger volume but only up to a certain point and so if you drink large amounts of water you will continue to go to the bathroom more frequently.