Options
hi im new here i was just wondering can someone tell me what "eating clean" means is that like all veggies?? because if so you can count me out lol..also add meee i have no friends on here :(

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I think it just means eating all natural foods.
    Like no processed meat.. (:
    But then again.. I don't know.
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is eating fat free type foods. No soda, no fat type stuff. U eat fruits, veggies, and can eat meat but in a very healthy way. It's jut eating the stuff for you and taking away all the grease.
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
    so i guess that means no pre packaged smart ones either :( lol dang
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
  • groxyy
    groxyy Posts: 14
    Options
    Basically staying away from man made/processed foods and eating veggies, fruits, lean meats and complex hydrates...

http://eatingcleanworks.com/what-is-eating-clean.html
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat the best i can but a lot of times i still have processed foods. So far I have lost 15 lbs. You can do this! It pretty easy once you start losing the weight! Good luck with your weight loss journey! :)
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    According to the internet =

It is eating the way nature intended. You eat the foods our bodies evolved to function best on, and that makes you feel – and look – fantastic. When you Eat Clean you eat more often. You will eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. These practices keep your blood-sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied. The best part is that if you need to lose weight it will happen almost without you having to try. And yes, you can have a treat now and again.

I've learned a little too. =)
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on processed foods. Eating more veggies and fruits. Switch to whole wheat instead of white. Drinking pretty much nothing but water.

I started eating clean about 4 months ago. I feel so much better physically and mentally. If I eat processed foods I feel sluggish, lazy, I can't run ( I run a lot)

That stuff isn't suppose to go in your body.

It's hard to quit at first but once you detox your body it isn't hard anymore. I have no cravings for bad foods anymore. I use to drive by a MacDonalds and smell it and be like "yummmmy" now It can almost make me vomit.
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
    thanks for the tips. with me being a college student its going to be hard to stay away from processed foods such as smart ones.... im always on the go an by the time i get home from school or work i just want something fast (No more of moms homecooked mealls:(... ) but i will try to start eating "clean" wish me luck!!!
  • just_a_southern_belle
    Options
    There's good info on the Eating clean lifestyle at thegraciouspantry.com as well as eatcleandiet.com.
    I was going to give it a try but I am giving up grains so this one which has about 1/4 of your food intake as grains was not for me.
    The Gracious pantry has a good page of beginner info. And if you can't go all the way "clean" try to ease into it and incorporate aspects of the Eat Clean lifestyle that do fit in to your hectic college life.
    I've decide to do a primal/paleo diet which is also about eating clean but no grains, beans, legumes and in the strictest version of the plan no diary. Not sure I will totally go no diary, I love my cheese! lol.