tooth removal

Options
mzprettiekittie
mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
I'm having a tooth taken out tomorrow. My dentist has messed around with this tooth for so long before treating it, then decided to do a root canal, anyway the tooth is now falling apart and needs to be taken out. It's the 3rd tooth from the back on the bottom, and I'm concerned of how it will look..

Has anyone had one of these molars removed ? Has it made a difference to your smile or face ? May seem like silly questions, but I'm getting married next year, and want to still have a nice smile. :sick:

Im being sent to a health center for the removal because I have panic attaks.. after this, I'm looking for a new Dentist.

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a joker smile, than it shouldn't be super noticble. You can always get a partial to fill it in later if your worrired about it. The really weird thing is getting food caught in it. You'll have to chew on the other side of your mouth until the gums thoughen up and still avoid chips and hard candies.
    I have the second back bottom moalrs on the bottom of my mouth removed. On both sides. lol It was a challange learning to eat, but not having that constant tooth ache is wonderful!!
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Oh dear, bet it took a while! Will be nice to be without toothache though, I guess I could look into having it filled at some point. Just wish it was further back, but nothing anyone can do about that now.
    So it's soft food for a while ..hmm soup should be alright and protein shakes. Gah I hate the thought of getting food in it :ohwell:
  • ljma84
    ljma84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm having exactly the same tooth on the right hand side removed in just under two weeks. I'm dreading it and am also a nervous patient so they are going have to sedate the heck out of me.
    As for how it'll look, I'm not over the moon about it but it's too late now.
    Good luck!
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Good luck to you also.. I'm being sedated too and going to a clinc as my regular dentist won't do it because of panic attacks. My tooth is on the left side. Hopefully no one will be able to tell it's gone..Really hope not anyway lol
    Let me know how you get on, when yours is done :smile:
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    I got mine filled and capped...so many cavities as a kid @_@

Shouldnt be noticable id imagine.
    If ur tooth aches and u dont feel like poppin pills all day, willow bark extract works great, its the active ingredient in aspirin and tylenol, and it doesnt eat u up w/ Acetaminophen :D
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    My dentist isn't really good, he did half a root canal, left it, only used a paste for about 3 month to cover the hole in the tooth rather than cap it. After I go through this today at this other clinc I'm going to change dentist.

I've heard of willow bark but not seen it here in the UK, I'll look into getting some though, anything has to be better than too many pills :smile: