Man vs Food

Options
CouchSpud
CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
Anyone else watching it? And am I very strange if I admit that I am slightly disgusted... it's like watching a car crash, you know you should move on but you keep starring

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's a guilty pleasure.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have a mini-crush on Adam Richman. Hes so cute. But I cant watch the old show.... all that food and when he gets to sweating and sauce everywhere. *gag*
  • CouchSpud
    Options
    At the moment I am watching him stuffing his face with some meassive calzone like pizza... all I can say is bloody hell. I think prior to that he was eating cornisch oasty with chilly and cheese... I can't even eat a cornish pasty lol
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I cheer him on? lol...
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for that guy.... glad they changed the format of the show a bit to save him from killing himself after another couple years of that.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Personally I love it, also my guilty pleasure

I wouldnt dream of putting that food down my throat but some stuff looks so nice I enjoy watching him eat instead of me and putting on the weight haha...

Always makes me think of how he never seems to put on weight surely someone eating that much should be watching the weight increase at sometime !
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I know a guy in the states who saw him eat a (5lb?) breakfast as a challenge, and it turned out the place was right around the corner from him.

So he went there and knew he could easily finish the challenge he saw from the show.

However, the ACTUAL amount of food was about 4x what they gave the guy on man vs. food (he had comparison pictures of the episode vs what he got) and I don't think he ate half.

Crazy show anyway, pretty entertaining.

I wish his jackets fit better tho.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love this show!! It's only used to be on pay tv, but they have now moved it to the normal channels (Dave, for the UK'ers)!

I think we are still on the very early series, but it's quite addictive viewing, but sometimes quite disturbing :laugh:
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Anyone else watching it? And am I very strange if I admit that I am slightly disgusted... it's like watching a car crash, you know you should move on but you keep starring

:huh:

I love that show, and I would take his job in a heartbeat... seriously.
  • CouchSpud
    Options
    lol I am just totally amazed by portion soize as well.The other day they showed something called the euro doer. Now, I am used to doner kebap, back home that's what we eat when we come home after a night of clubbinh, buy it is nothing like the euro doner... o.0
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love watching MvF, Adam is so charismatic and the food always looks delicious. Now Bizarre Foods...that's another story. Lol!

The show has caused him to gain so much weight though, comparing Season 1 to the more recent episodes, so good thing he has MvF Nation so he doesn't have to take all the challenges. Lol!

The show allows me to look at all that salty, fatty, greasy deliciousness without me shoving that food down my mouth.

He came to my school once and did the challenge! I got an autograph from him! :)
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love that show! We sky plus them. I think Adam is cute and my husband hero worships him! Also, I would LOVE to try some of those challenges, cos i'm a pig! Not the hot wings ones though - they are too hot for me!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love that show! We sky plus them. I think Adam is cute and my husband hero worships him! Also, I would LOVE to try some of those challenges, cos i'm a pig! Not the hot wings ones though - they are too hot for me!

Oooh the Hot Wings look the best! I love eating anything with Chilli so hot that it feels like the inside of your stomach walls are being burnt! :laugh:
  • JustGresh
    Options
    Watching that show makes me hungry, regardless of how disgusting it is. Haha.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I loooove that show.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I too love the show, and the food looks sooooo good. But I couldn't 2 pounds of food, let alone the amounts he eats. Now the spicy challenges, I would give them a shot for sure.
  • CouchSpud
    Options
    Hahaha, I have to admit, there are a couple of things I would give a try, it's just the sheer amount of food that I find weird - although I probably would have done the ice cream challenge ^^
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love that show, only because I think Adam Richman is damn sexy. I wanna find a guy who looks like him. :love:
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This makes me hungry...I'd pick different sides though;
    http://goo.gl/uI1KN
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ever since seeing a specific episode, my goal in life is to complete the grilled cheese challange.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/melt-challenge/