hi

Options
just started my fitness pal Friday. These is all new to me, this is a lot easier because because they calulate everything for you.

by; kitcat53095

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard kitkat, I am sure you will make many friends and I wish you much success on your journey.
  • wantmorepies
    Options
    Hi, I also like how there are no banned or sinful foods! :oD
    Welcome!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You're going to love it here. :drinker:
  • soontobebeautiful
    Options
    hi,I started mine yesterday;) good luck
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy:
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    Hi,
    Im fairly new. I've been on here about three weeks to a month. Good luck with your journey!! I'm looking for friends, add me if you want.
  • Tishmarcum
    Tishmarcum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week and also love that nothing is off limits! Does anyone have any tips or ideas to get new members started?
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week and also love that nothing is off limits! Does anyone have any tips or ideas to get new members started?

1. Be very detailed in your log, yeah you are going to have bad days but they are like an experiment and you are the subject, you need that data when you start wondering about patterns in your weight loss or no loss.
    2. Get as good a Heart Rate Monitor/calories burned unit as you can afford. They are invaluable, don't be afraid of the onces with the chest strap, just make sure the strap is not plastic just the unit. You won't even notice it once you get rolling.
    3. If you miss a few days, don't beat yourself up, we'll still be here.
    4. Eat less of the wrong things, it may not be you need to starve yourself but improve your food choices. Move more, walk, exercise, fidget, garden, clean, whatever, if you look around I'll bet you can find a lot of calorie burning opportunities you have been overlooking.
    5. Take care of yourself and makes lots of friends on MFP, join a few groups, surf the forums but don't believe everything you read, there are a lot of schools of thought on how to lose weight, you have to find your tune and stick too it.
    6. Make little goals at first, an inch, 5 lbs, another 5 minutes of fitness movements. Little accomplishments stack up pretty fast and get you motivated, don't worry about the finish line, it is the race that matters, not the destination. When you get there then the fun begins, maintaining that goal.

That'll get you started, then you'll know more of what YOU want and you're off to the races.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Hi. Good luck to you. Today is day 3 for me!