Weigh Day Tomorrow! HELP!!!

Options
I get weighed tomorrow night and I havent had the best week for dieting and NO alcohol....

I am going to have a very small tea tonight..

What is the best thinhg to do 2moro? Just try and have fruit?

Will i try and cut back on water 2moro so I'm not heavier?

PLEASE HELP thanks xx

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day for what?

Personally, I think you should just put this week behind you and move on with the next. Don't be bummed out by your real current weight. If you dehydrate yourself it's not going to be your "true" weight. Wouldn't you rather stay healthy and just move on?

Look forward to having a better week!
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    Slimming World at 7 tomorrow night... I just don't want to put weight on in me 2nd week xx
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Good luck tomorrow! You are supposed to drink half your body weight in oz a day. This actually makes you lighter because it washes out sodium and toxins. So don't not drink water. Also i find for myself it is best if I weigh first thing in the morning before eating or drinking. Your weight can fluctuate daily even 5 pounds, so I always like to weigh first thing Tuesdays mornings once a week.

Good luck!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Even if I have a bad week I always continue to weigh in on Tue mornings. If I eat bad I deserve and want to see what damage I did....But you have to figure out what is best for you.
  • akd001
    akd001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just take it. Don't do anything to trick the scale. If it is a bad week, just start working it for the next week. Good luck
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    i can't change time that i weigh unfortunetly

its a weekly meeting
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    But cutting out water, you will increase the likelyhood of water retention. When we are even slightly dehydrated our bodies will tend to hold more water. The best way to avoid water weight is to consume enough water.

I am really not trying to be mean here, but you do realize that what you are doing is not healthy and will not help you in the long run. Part of this journey is supposed to be about developing a healthy relationship with food so that when goal weight is finally reached, it can be maintained. Skipping meals to make a weight in is not a healthy relationship with food. You are sabotaging yourself in the long run just to make a single weigh in.
    In the grand scheme of things, being up two weeks in a row is not a big deal. Just learn from those weeks, focus on eating better and move on.
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    thanks xx
  • jswayze67
    jswayze67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less, the only person you are ultimately fooling is yourself, So, you had a bad week, happens to us all hun. IF you have put on, you know why so don't worry about it, admit you found this week hard and ask for the leader's help if necessary, that's what you are paying them for every week, after all! Just eat your usual breakfast and lunch and accept it wasn't your best week.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    May I say that stressing over the scale movement will put you into panic mode, and you may end up sabatoging yourself. Relax, don't try and cheat the scale, just make it something that motivates you to do better this week. Don't set yourself up for failure by trying to starve yourself before you weigh, because you may binge later. If you are really stressed, just eat a light meal, drink plenty of water, then pee right before you step on.

Good Luck!
    Mary Ann
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams/view/overcoming-the-obesity-mindset-194711
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    But cutting out water, you will increase the likelyhood of water retention. When we are even slightly dehydrated our bodies will tend to hold more water. The best way to avoid water weight is to consume enough water.

I am really not trying to be mean here, but you do realize that what you are doing is not healthy and will not help you in the long run. Part of this journey is supposed to be about developing a healthy relationship with food so that when goal weight is finally reached, it can be maintained. Skipping meals to make a weight in is not a healthy relationship with food. You are sabotaging yourself in the long run just to make a single weigh in.
    In the grand scheme of things, being up two weeks in a row is not a big deal. Just learn from those weeks, focus on eating better and move on.

I'm in agreement with this post. First off do not stress about weighing more than you might have last week. Stress is not good for the body when trying to slim down. To get the most accurate reading of your progress you should stay consistent. Trying different little tricks to get a lower scale reading will only hurt you in the long run.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses but my gut reaction is to tell you to step on the scale, record it, move on. Make the rest of today the healthiest you can and make this your attitude each day when you get out of bed.

"I'm going to make today the healthiest I can!" Then do it! You'll get there eventually!
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    thanks everyone xx

if i excercise more tomorrow before the weigh in? do u think this could help? xx
  • bringnsparkleback
    bringnsparkleback Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Forget about last week and take it however it comes. Being a Weight Watcher member over the years.....I lost 80 lbs....don't think that seeing that I gained even an with of a pound one week was disappointing. But then the next week I knew I could do better,and I would. You will know what to do next week, drink your water, and eat your normal menu items. Be happy with what you know you can do in the long run. :)
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    thanks xx
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Get off this roller coaster. Part of learning to have a healthy lifestyle is owning your choices - good and bad. Get on the scale and own up to it. Then put it behind you and move on. Until you take ownership of your choices, you will constantly be battling your own body and mind. Instead, try to figure out why you made poor choices and strive to improve that. Then DO it. Best of luck.
  • SkinnyScouser
    Options
    thanks xx
  • zaaden
    zaaden Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I echo the other responses you have got on this thread. Put the last week behind you and move on. Step on those scales and take the number and move on. It is not a race, the ideal is to focus on eating healthy in a way that you can always continue with.

This week, don't starve yourself, eat sensibly and exercise and you will feel better on the scales next week.

Good luck, keep smiling **hugs**
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    can you weigh at home first thing in morning with no clothes on?... then get dressed.. weigh in again in what you will wear at public weigh-in, then you'll know how much is due to your clothes and any extra that appears.. will be daily fluctuations if you usually go up by a pound or so during the day.

Knowing this may stop you feeling panicked about getting as you can reason it out to yourself, cos you know how much you weighed first thing without clothes and with any other difference is either water or variations between using different scales.

I found this helped me to get past panicking every time the numbers went up if I weighed several times a day with and without clothes to see the differences.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi hon, I honestly think the best thing you can do is, eat properly. Draw a line under having a bad week. I know a lot of people will cut out certain foods but, is this really sustainable!? You should really be able to have a little of what you fancy - all about thinking before putting it in your mouth! I hope your WI goes well but, if you survive on little...get a loss, then all that will happen is, once you go back to normal food levels is, you'll gain or struggle to lose again.

I hope it goes well for you! :)