not losing weight.... very frustrated

Options
AAAGGGHHH...I am so frustrated... I have been eating well and exercising 4-5 days, 60-70 min.,burning 900-1000 calories each time... I have changed the work out routine twice.... my foods are healthy fruits, veggies, fish, low fat or non fat cheese and milk... whole wheat pasta once every 2 weeks...a couple of lite beers every 2 weeks... and I have lost only 4 pounds in 4 months...what gives...any suggestions?

Replies

• elsgans
    elsgans Posts: 21
    Options
    AAAGGGHHH...I am so frustrated... I have been eating well and exercising 4-5 days, 60-70 min.,burning 900-1000 calories each time... I have changed the work out routine twice.... my foods are healthy fruits, veggies, fish, low fat or non fat cheese and milk... whole wheat pasta once every 2 weeks...a couple of lite beers every 2 weeks... and I have lost only 4 pounds in 4 months...what gives...any suggestions?
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    A couple of questions...first - are you eating all of your calories??? second - have you taken your measurements? I've been on here since December 27th and the weight has come off very very slowly (and I might add I do not follow the workout regimen you are), however I have lost more than 16 inches...you might want to get a tape measure and check it out...hope this helps...vee :flowerforyou:
  • elsgans
    Options
    I did not think of that...I will thanks
  • Lmhuse73
    Lmhuse73 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have done the same thing before and was also not losing weight like I thought I should. It is very important to eat a certain amount of calories or you are just spinning your wheels. It is scary to increase your calories but your body just shuts down and saves everything you eat from fear of not getting fed again. Good luck and try making some changes. Play around with it and see what your magic numbers are. Keep up the good work.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs much more than fat... I agree with doglvr - start to take your measurements.
  • jraymond
    jraymond Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been doing something similar for 2 months and have lost only 2.0 lbs. However, I note that the more I work out, the more calories I tend to eat. Shooting for 1200/day but end up eating 1600/day though still under the 1200/day net calorie total. My weight goes down on the days I exercise and up on the days I do not. I also do weight training 3x per week, but my clothes do not fit better and I am still the same dress size. My trainer told me to stop doing more than 60 minutes of aerobic per day since your body will accustom itself to this workout and you will be stuck with a burn-out regimine that could end up hurting your joints. She is a runner in great shape who eats 1200 calories per day. Be sure you are not upping your calories too much since you work out so much---it is easy to eat too much when your work out makes you hungry. I realize that this is the opposite advice from a previous post, but a net of 1200 per day should be plenty. I am trying not to exceed that. Good luck!
  • elsgans
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I will consider and implement all...I finally figured out the net calorie thing...I was eating 1200 and burning 1000...so my body is hanging on to everthing....I will adjust calorie intake and watch my time and cal burn during exercise...plus i need to add more weight traing...I am only doing that 2 times a week