Cellulite and coffee treatment

Options
I was reading about this the other day and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what were your results? Supposedly if you take coffee grounds and olive oil, mix it to a cream, warm it up, rub it on your affected areas, wrap with plastic wrap, rinse with warm water 5 mins later and repeat daily for a week, your cellulite will be gone... It's sounds funny but the research behind seem solid. I will be trying it this week and will post before and after pics. Anyone tried this before? Results?...

Replies

• beastlye
    Options
    If by 'gone' you mean 'temporarily less visible,' I might buy into the treatment. It's something I've heard before but never done myself. Best wishes, hope it turns out well!
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before but it sounds simple enough. I'd love to hear your results.
  • maryw1989
    Options
    Thank you all. I will post pics at the end of the week
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    BUMP
  • ChattyKitten
    ChattyKitten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I read a similar one a few months ago where you mix used coffee grounds and baby oil and rub it on in cellulite with pantyhose. Sounds foolish but there was alot of ppl commenting that it worked! So itried it for a couple weeks, and saw no improvement in the cellulite but my skin was super smooth! Let me know if your way works, my legs will appreciate it lol
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    OMG I've actually done this! Lol I didn't use olive oil, just the coffee grounds, but I think the oil would make it easier to apply. I think I left if on for closer to 10-15 minutes too. Anyways, it's not permanent by any means, but it's definitely a great quick temporary fix! And way cheaper than all those creams and lotions ;)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    sounds like snake oil to me - there is no "easy" fix for the lumps and bumps we girls get
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    It's sounds funny but the research behind seem solid.
    How so?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    at least it doenst cost much....might want to close the curtains...neighbors might think you are whacko
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Where can we see the solid research?
  • maryw1989
    Options
    at least it doenst cost much....might want to close the curtains...neighbors might think you are whacko
  • maryw1989
    Options
    lol i will
  • maryw1989
    Options
    I googled it but they say its the caffeine in the coffee that actually does the trick and that is the main ingredient in all of those expensive creams
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I was reading about this the other day and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what were your results? Supposedly if you take coffee grounds and olive oil, mix it to a cream, warm it up, rub it on your affected areas, wrap with plastic wrap, rinse with warm water 5 mins later and repeat daily for a week, your cellulite will be gone... It's sounds funny but the research behind seem solid. I will be trying it this week and will post before and after pics. Anyone tried this before? Results?...
    NOPE. Cellulite is underneath the skin and NO TOPICAL treatment will rid you of it. You can camoflauge it temporarily, but it will still be there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • maryw1989
    Options
    what does "bump" mean? i'm kinda new to this lol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    what does "bump" mean? i'm kinda new to this lol
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/396089-what-does-bump-mean