Question - Body Bugg

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm thinking of getting the Body Bugg SP but really don't know anything about it. I'm wondering, if you have one, do you log your food diary on their site and this site also? Or is there a way to "mesh" the 2 together? I'm not a big fan of having to pay for their site, but see that I can get the first 12 months free.

Any suggestions? Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought one last year and got the first 6 months free (so 12 months is great). I loved it. I was instantly addicted to it. It helped me understand how many calories I was burning on a regular day with no workouts and how much my workouts were burning. The one thing I don't like is their food log site. This site is way more complete and faster and easier to use. That said, the reporting on calorie burn is great. You also get a session with a consultant who shows you how to use the site and the device. What I ended up doing is just using the body bugg for tracking calories burned no this site for food. After a while I just stopped going to their site except to sync the device and log my weigh ins. Hope that helps.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have owned one for over a year and love it. I feel it's really helped me lose weight. Like the above poster said it's great for realizing how much you burn on a daily basis, and exercise as well. I also do not use their site for food logging, because MFP is WAY better. I basically use MFP for food, and BB for calories burned, and at the end of the day make sure they are close to matching. Hope this helps! I also have an SP and rarely sync mine, just get the info from my phone. Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,633 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm thinking of getting the Body Bugg SP but really don't know anything about it. I'm wondering, if you have one, do you log your food diary on their site and this site also? Or is there a way to "mesh" the 2 together? I'm not a big fan of having to pay for their site, but see that I can get the first 12 months free.

Any suggestions? Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!
    It's a great tool to help monitor your TDEE. I do hate their food menu though. I would use their site to monitor my calories burned and another to track my food then use their info subtract exercise calories. A little complicated sometimes, but as a weight loss tool it's pretty accurate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My wife and I each have a BodyBugg. They seem to capture the caloric burn quite accurately, though certain activities, like stationary bicycles do not "read" or so I'm told.
    We pay the monthly fee for the site, but we do not buy the Apex product that all of their dietary recommendations seem to include.
    To my knowledge, there is no way to merge the food diaries together, which to me is the drawback of the BodyBugg (besides the $10/month). For this reason, we do not use the food logging at all.
    Basically, it is an expensive way to log caloric burn, or to "fact-check" the burn from all our other fitness sites, including this one.
    Since I believe the hardest part of counting calories is getting an accurate reading of one's burn, I think this is well worth it for now. Once I get closer to goal weight, I think I may dump the subscription and go with a high quality HRM instead.
    I hope this helps.