Does anyone admit to cheating?

Options

Replies

• applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't dream of it!! (it being cheating)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Honesty with yourself is part of the journey. Integrity counts. Admitting downfalls makes you better and creates character.
    So true...
    Except one day of the year when it's OK for me to lie.
    And I do!

April 15th.......:bigsmile:
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    No. My diary is closed anyway. And why cheat - negates the whole purpose of coming here. If anything, I fudge the other way - overclaim calories and under-claim exercise.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I suppose the closest I've come is to quick add my daily total @ what I'm "allowed"
    and not adding any extra

because it was a day of impossible logging- gone for a weekend, eating out @ restaurants and other people's houses,
    and no access to MFP....

Perhaps I should have been MORE truthful and logged 1800 or more, instead of 1600.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Why cheat yourself?

To those who do, believe me, your big fat *kitten* will log everything quite well thank you very much, however much you lie on here. :bigsmile:

It's my physique and my health I'm doing this for, not to convince anyone that I'm something I'm not.

Tonight I've just had a load of wine and eaten an entire 5oz Camembert. It's all in my food diary - when I look back in a few weeks, wondering why I've put a pound on, I'll be able to see exactly where my weaknesses lie.
  • LauravonD
    Options
    I log everything. Good days, bad days, binge days
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Goes anyone 'manipulate' their diary, not to fool themselves but so it looks better on MFP?

Nah, not worth it. It doesn't really accomplish anything...and besides, I'm doing this for me, not for anyone else on MFP :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I record absolutely everything, no matter what.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    No, I have never logged an inaccurate food diary, though sometimes I have added things after completing it for the day. That makes me feel guilty because I feel undeserving of the cheers my friends have given me.

One day, I had a total out of control day. I had lots of cheese (not vegan), and my calories exceeded 4000 for the day. It was DAMN EMBARRASSING, but I let it all hang out. If my friends were shocked, they didn't show it. They were kind in fact.

My first obligation is to stay honest for myself, and the rest just needs to sort its way out.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted, but I was glad that I didn't. First of all, I hate liars and I don't want to be one. Second of all, I was 100 calories over and mfp still said I'd lose some weight in 5 weeks. What I had thought of as a "bad" day turned out to be "meh" day. I was able to stop kicking myself, go to bed, and start afresh the next day. I think if I had hidden the truth, I would have felt like a failure, and come close to giving up like I have in the past. Did I fail? No. I just wasn't as close to success as I could have been.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Guilty as charged, i usually admit to it the next day
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am bad. I had a skinny cow ice cream bar once that I didn't put on my diary because it put me over my calorie count. I was pissed at myself. Haven't done it since because there is no sense in it. I was having a bad moment...lol
  • Busymum62
    Busymum62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im new to this, but log everything, even medication. Surprised at how much I was overeating!!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    There are times I have accidentally forgotten to log items
    but lately, if I've gone over calories (due to severe munchies before TOMs arrival),
    I have left off some things. BAD HABIT to get into!!!
    I am usually quite honest with my logging though.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nope, I often go back to add things that I forgot to log, or if I ate something late at night after closing my diary.

I try to be accurate (I build recipes that I split in portions), but I know that when we eat out (restaurant, friends or family's gatherings), we may be off. To compensate, I don't eat all my exercise calories.
  • vamback
    vamback Posts: 24
    Options
    I am completely honest, it helps me in the long run. :) anyways, why cheat? More than likely the people on here won't stem further than mfp.
  • sugarandspice41290
    Options
    Well i do not know if it is cheating, but i do admit that i do not write down what i ate, i just write the calorie amount. which i am really guilty about. But sometimes i can not be bothered adding a new food

But i just started so been on for 2 days.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Nope , that's crazy. Is not that serious , this is a journey and I'm going to make a lot of mistake the same way my MFP friends and hopefully I will learn from their mistake and they from mine.
  • Venus2011
    Options
    Why cheat. This is your journey to reach the light at the end of the tunnel (weight loss). If I have a day that I go over, so be it. I'm human and definitely not prefect. Life isn't prefect neither. Ii read some much on the communityhh board about people getting frustated about not having drop any weight in a couple of days or whinning on and on about how they are on the scale day in day out and not seeing the any results. My response to them is " you were not on the scale day in and day out when you were gaining the weight, so why whine about not losing 2 lbs in 4 days. Get over it. This is a life changing journey you have decide to take. No one promised it was going to be easy. If it was easy this site wouldn't exist. Take responsibility for your own actions. First and fore most start with being honest to yourself. Set realistic goals for yourself. And for god sake, only weigh yourself once a week. See you at the end of the tunnel. ;)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Nope. It would be pointless. I keep my diary private because, to me, that's what a diary is supposed to be. I LOVE being able to record what I am eating, especially since I don't consider anything out of bounds, I need to know what the numbers are so I know how to keep everything in balance.