which of the following applies to you?!

Options
OK so last night i was at my mums hen party (girls cocktail night in) i had a great time, didnt drink too much but grazed on buffet food all night.....sweet and savoury mix, sometimes went straight from a sausage roll onto chocolate and then back to sausage roll, i mean who would eat that combination on any 'normal' day.

So what i am interested in is which of the following applies to you at 'special' occasions, not an average day but when there is a reason/excuse party to be had.

A - you pig out because its a special occasion
B - you want to pig out but you dont because you have developed self control and will power
C - You do not even feel the desire to eat anymore than normal and stay within your daily cals

If you A can you ever see your self changing? If you are B how long did it take for you to change from A and if you are C could you please advise how long it took for your mentality to change from B?

I hope this makes sense, i just dont know why i did it, today i woke up ate some more left overs and now think what an idiot, why have i possibly sabotaged a whole week of good food and exercising. Just wondering what point my desire or will power will change as on an average day i can generally say no to bad choices.

Thanks

Replies

• Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i guess no one relates to this?!
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    I've only been at this for a little while but I've developed B. I want to pig out so badly but I don't. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I used to pig out on special occasions and then tell myself that I had already messed up so why keep going. I'm not quite to C yet.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am surprised no one commented for half a day! I am pretty sure I would say I have gotten to C, but have an occasional slip up where I go a little bit overboard. I really didn't work that hard to get to the C mentality. I don't do any sort of planned cheat days which I think has helped a lot. I think if you allow cheat days it makes it easier for you to rationalize going overboard on special events. I went over my calorie goal on Christmas, but only by a couple hundred calories. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to ask more questions!
  • vuedooangil69
    Options
    I will always do A because recently I have no self control.:(
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I want to pig out, but I don't because I will have to record everything I eat and that keeps me accountable. It took me about 4 months to develop this self control. You can do it, it just takes time.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I do relate but I don't come under any of those categories I don't think, like I want to pig out, so I eat more then I would normally eat but don't go mad (like maybe I'll eat 1500 calories instead of going mad and eating my own body weight in junk food) but because I eat more, I balance it out with exercise, like Christmas day, that was definitely a day to pig out, and I did, but I did my normal/slightly more then normal exercise and ended up eating my 1200 calories plus all my exercise calories. I didn't plan it that way but that's how it ended up, and I try to stay like that, like when I know I'm going out down the pub or whatever, during the day I'll push myself that bit harder whilst I work out to balance out what I eat. To me its not self control or will power it's just thinking ahead.
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'd say I am someplace between A & B, depending on the situation! I won't completely allow myself to pig out and have whatever I want, but I will make more sensible choices than I used to. I don't think you should totally deprive yourself, and if it's only at special occasions, as long as you're making good choices the rest of the time, and sticking to your workouts, no harm in splurging a little at special occasions!
  • sparham1980
    sparham1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would have to say I am B most of the time, because most of the time it is to stressful to think about calories and all the weigh I could gain on top of what I have. So I am guess will power and self control is a huge part in why I don't pig out. Since I have join this program I am always punching in food to check calories, and yesterday I was like damn I am never going to just be able to go out and have a good time without calculating.:smile:
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I do pig out on special occasions. Like Christmas and Thanksgiving I let it all go! I plan on probably eating too much on Super Bowl. We go to a party and there will be yummy stuff. My rule is to not let mt eating get out of control for more than 2 days. After 2 days it can easily get put of control and the wreight gain will start.
  • Lawnbfrench
    Options
    C - Moderation is the key,I'd probably drink lots of water so I feel full before approaching the yummy food,there I might have a few pieces,trying to source the lowest calorie items,However I could be swayed into B ... But I don't think I'd ever A again,now I am exercising regularly I appreciate how many calories goes in and how hard I have to work to remedy them!

I'm not dieting - I'm changing my lifestyle xxx
  • kirstand
    Options
    I can totally relate...I have very in-consistent bouts of self-control!!
    I've found it easier not to drink alcohol (unfortunately) than it is to not eat all that yummy fatty/sugary food. Once I start eating that sort of food at a special occasion, I find it very hard to stop...especially when people keep offering food round and insisting you take something!! I'm slowly learning it's ok to say no.
    All i can suggest is, try not to worry about a one-off incident too much...tomorrow is a new day.
    Plus, I always try to get rid of any left-over foods by trashing it or giving it to neighbours, friends (or my son) if i dont trust myself enough to not binge on it!!! lol!