Anyone have success with Les Mills Pump?

Options
In the past Les Mills Pump was only offered at gyms but Beachbody just came out with an at home Les Mills Pump workout and I'm considering taking the plunge and doing a hybrid program including Insanity.

Has anyone done Les Mills Pump & had success with it?

Replies

• jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have lost 52 lbs doing Les Mills body pump and Zumba...that's the only exercise I do, (well other than riding bikes, hiking, you know the fun outdoor stuff)...I have gained so much muscle it's amazing, I would strongly recommend it. Good luck.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I know that during 2011 I made sure I got to 2 Pump classes per week, and lifted heavy. I'm convinced that was a big part in my weight loss, improved shape, and overall greater fitness.

Don't now about the home version - would I do it often enough? Keep going for the full time? Are there enough variety of weights to keep challenging myself to go heavier? But I'm sure it'll be useful to some people.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies, I'm definitely going to take the plunge :wink:
  • Titebootay757
    Options
    My gym offers the Les Mills line and I think they're all good. Go to the Les Mills site and they have short videos of each class they offer. I think they're fun and they get my heart rate up and I do burn calories. The trick is consistency and that's with any program we use. Give it a try, it'll be alright. I'd never even heard of Les Mills until I joined my current fitness center but its fun and makes me sweat and burn.
  • DorisR184
    Options
    My gym offers the Les Mills line and I think they're all good. Go to the Les Mills site and they have short videos of each class they offer. I think they're fun and they get my heart rate up and I do burn calories. The trick is consistency and that's with any program we use. Give it a try, it'll be alright. I'd never even heard of Les Mills until I joined my current fitness center but its fun and makes me sweat and burn.

Yes, I've checked out the videos + the clip on the beachbody website & it looks like alot of fun. I've been wanting to add weights to my workout but wasn't sure where to start or what to do, so this seems perfect for me. I'll be ordering it asap :happy:
  • lez2688
    Options
    Before I feel pregnant I lost 2stone by doing Bodypump and Bodycombat...they are excellent. I toned up and felt fantastic. Unfortunately I gained most back when I fell pregnant but I'm back to my classes and I do 2 Bodypump and 2bodycombat classed a week and also a Mu Thai boxing class on a tues, I'm hoping I'll get back into shape in a few months.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my body pump class at the gym. I was going to order it from beach body but I found out after all i am a gym person! According to my hrm I burn 500+calories per hour as well and I feel so strong!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I LOVE body pump! I try to go a couple of times a week at the gym. Not sure how well I'd get on if I was doing it at home though. I have noticed the change in my body tone literally all over but mainly my legs. I love the feeling of seeing how I have been able to increase my weights as time as gone on. I'm not a fan of lifting on my own in the gym with the grunting men so pump is the perfect solution for me - proper all over strength training!

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Enjoy!
  • flegealc
    Options
    I just ordered mine a few days ago! I am hearing great things from people I know that already have it.
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On my third week of Les Mills Pump at home version from Beachbody. Just love it. I have lost 5lbs since starting it.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    pump is awesome!!! I actually hate going but the results are amazing and well worth the pain! you need to try and go at least twice a week for the best benefits though
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to get it now, I think I'm going to be stalking the mail man until I receive my package lol :laugh: