2»

Replies

• sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Www.collagevideo.com
  • amberbento
    Options
    Definetly check out Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, it's 3 levels. You are doing strength training, cardio & abs. It's only about $9 at Walmart & Target. You will need a set of dumbells. I use 5 pounders. I really enjoyed it and you will feel results quickly. Another one of her DVD's is Extreme Shed & Shred. I just started that one and so far love it.
    Thanks for the advice.. I am going to try and get it since everyone is saying how good it works and how much fun they have doing it!
  • amberbento
    Options
    I agree with others.. grab a video and yup, Shred is amazing.. start doing some lunges and squats, throw in some crunches, try to do some level of pushup...all of these are great bodyweight exercises that you can do at your level... but if you're new, it's great to watch someone to make sure you're doing it right and you don't injure yourself, which is why a video might be a good thing for you.. lots of luck... throw in some jumping jacks, skip rope.. walking is great... keep up the good work!!
    I diffidently would need to see someone else doing it -lol- I will for sure try it! And thank you!
  • ntm76
    ntm76 Posts: 25
    Options
    The treadmill is good but you are not working out your upper body. If you want a cardio that will work more muscles use an elliptical with the arm movements. When on the treadmill do interval training, walk for 2 minutes run for one the walk for 2 minutes again. I agree though to try to add some weights either machines, on their own or while on the treadmill. Exercise classes at thy gym or at home are a good idea as well.
  • amberbento
    Options
    I sent you an email!

Whatever you decide, just stick with it and move that body more every chance you get! I once heard never to lie down when you can sit and never sit when you can stand. Go one step further and move!

Jillian Michaels DVDs are inexpensive and awesome. If you purchase one (like 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30) also get her cardio workout called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. It's a combination of the strength training and cardio that will get you in shape the quickest.

She's good!
    I got your email, and thank you so much for your advice! I am going to try it!
  • amberbento
    Options
    I tend to go on my rower a lot, I also do Zumba and Jillian Michaels dvd's. I'm not a member of a gym so I do everything at home, if I can ever get round to affording gym membership fee (and the money it'll cost to get there and back since I live a good 40minutes away from any gyms and bus fare alone is £5 for a return home so if I need to get 2 buses that'll end up costing more then the gym membership I'm sure). Plenty of people have lost weight, but mostly inches doing Jillian Michaels workout dvd's (they're cheap on Amazon), Zumba is just fun (for me at least) and definitely helps me burn lots of calories, and my rower whilst it is cardio, I also have the tension on it turned up quite high and have definitely built quite a bit of muscle in my arms from that. But weight lifting is great for you from what I've heard/seen and if I could afford to go gym that would be what I worked on.
    Thank you! I'm going to try this out.
  • amberbento
    Options
    if you stay on the treadmill increase the incline to 12% and you will burn a lot more calories.... something that burns more calories is the elliptical if your gym has a good one, and if you get bored listen to music on your ipod.... do you lift weights?? to lose weight you have to lift weights as well as cardio... and always do cardio after you lift weights, you burn more fat that way
    My incline right now is 4. and Currently no, I do not lift weights because they're somewhere in my house but I haven't seen them for a long while. I shall try that!