Question about exercising...

Options
So, I love to use my elliptical trainer. I want to be able to use it for an hour a day, but my feet go numb after half an hour....so my question is...if I do 2, 30 minute sessions, is that just as good at fat burning as 1, 1 hour long session? I hope that makes sense. :ohwell:

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes...

calories burned are calories burned. if you want to go that route..maybe try HIIT. burn same amount of calories in less time.
  • quiqui21
    quiqui21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay awesome! Thank you so much for that! :) I'll have to check it out!
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    from this web stie http://www.carolinejhingory.com/2012/01/10-mistakes-made-using-the-elliptical/

7. You spin until you can’t feel your feet.

One of the most common elliptical mistakes is putting too much pressure on your toes, which can make your feet go numb and cut your workout short. Instead, sit back into your heels, which allows large muscle groups to work harder and gives you the stamina to go for longer.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    from this web stie http://www.carolinejhingory.com/2012/01/10-mistakes-made-using-the-elliptical/

7. You spin until you can’t feel your feet.

One of the most common elliptical mistakes is putting too much pressure on your toes, which can make your feet go numb and cut your workout short. Instead, sit back into your heels, which allows large muscle groups to work harder and gives you the stamina to go for longer.
    this is exactly what i was going to mention! i can easily go an hour + on the elliptical and sitting back onto my heels has helped tons, ive also noticed it works my legs more and i get more of a workout from it!
  • quiqui21
    quiqui21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well there you go! Tried doing that last exercise, and no numb feet! Who knew I was doing it wrong the whole time! Thanks guys for your help! :)