17 day diet question - 1200 calories

Options
I started the 17 day diet today. For those of you who have done this, how do you reach your 1200 calories?

I just ate lunch and I've done both my fruit snacks. Even with what I have planned for dinner, I won't reach 1200 calories. Itll be more like 1000. How do you do it?

I'm not hungry. I'm eating til I'm full... Not overstuffed. Any tips? I don't want to go into starvation, but I do want to lose weight.

Some background: before this diet, I had already cut carbs from my diet, so I'm used to the lack of them already.

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods like nuts, bread, pasta, rice ect
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was on that diet. I used to have to sneak in more olive oil in here and there to gain an extra hundred calories!
  • das_160
    Options
    I'm not going to be able to help you with that one. I have no problem reaching 1200 calories. Most of the time each of my adds up to 300 or so calories. Maybe someone else will give you a tip.
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nuts are brill, just a very small 25g portion of unsalted mixed nuts is around 155 cals if you really want to get the cals up & good for you. :smile:
  • francieew
    Options
    You aren't allowed breads, pastas, or rice on first 17 days- I did that for awhile and would eat more protein rich foods that were allowed
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Yep protein dense foods, you might have to make something, perhaps a protein shake or something of that sort.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    avocados, peanut butter, olive oil drizzled on root vegetables and roasted sprinkled with pumpkin seeds
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    BANANAS!! super good for you, full of potassium, about 100 cal each, more if its a big banana.