So what is a typical Valentines Day date???

Options
denisegolden
denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
I was married for 19 years to a man who depised holidays, all of them, with the exception of Thanksgiving...so I have not celebrated Valentines day in, I believe, 17 years. This year someone has asked me to go out with them, and wants me to decide what to do...I have no clue what to say...any ideas? what do you and your date typically do?

Replies

• Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    ohhh how exciting! I've never really celebrated Valentines day so can't tell you... I'm at least hoping you get some beautiful flowers and that the date is super nice (that's probably the most important part lol)

P.S. I just saw that you've lost 203 lbs - that's awesome!!!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The typical Valentine's date is February 14th, :heart:
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    my son was born on the first valentines day that i was actually in a relationship hahahaha, the present that just keeps on giving my husband reckons ;), so I have never done anything either.

From what I understand, things dont need to be typical in order to do them on valentines day. Think of something you would like to do and suggest it.

If it were me I'd like to have a picnic on the beach and spend the night surrounded by music.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I haven't gone on a Valentine's Day date in awhile (grumble grumble) but for the last one, we saw a film, went to a pub for a few drinks then had dinner at a nice restaurant. It was a really good time but I suppose who you're with is more important than what you do, really. Enjoy your date!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    We have our favourite meal at home - far cheaper than going out to a restaurant! If we ever do go out we go before Valentine's night because restaurants hike up prices on purpose! Cheeky feckers!! :) You could ask him to cook you your favourite meal and watch a movie together at his place?
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've usually been recently dumped around Valentine's Day, so I spend it at home drinking in a dark bedroom watching horror movies.
    This year is different. I was dumped last weekend, so I will probably not drink, but still watch horror movies in my dark bedroom.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've only gone on other people's V-Day dates when they wanted a buffer... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

One year I got a tattoo... but anyway, just have fun and don't make it mean more than just any date, so there's not all this pressure to be perfect. Really, it's just another day, right?

(That's what I keep telling myself anyway...)
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When I think of a 'typical' Valentine's day date I think dinner at a very nice restaurant. However, if this is someone you really like, maybe you should go with something not so typical. I get bored with just going out to dinner on V-day. Depending on the climate where you live, maybe you could do a picnic complete with some wine or champagne. You could ask him for some input too... its kind of a lot of pressure for him to put all the plans on you for a Valentines date. Have fun!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Dinner
    Gutscheine.jpg

Movie

*kitten*.jpg

Bedroom

100_1298.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    100_1298.jpg
    CHOO CHOO!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Will let you know when I have one. :tongue:
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Dinner
    Gutscheine.jpg

Movie

*kitten*.jpg

Bedroom

100_1298.jpg
    lol...yeah, i would suggest that...but...thats what we did for christmas...lol
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Last time I had a date on that day, i booked a day at the spa for messages (i knew she was wanting one) and stuff, and then went swing dancing, and went out for drinks later, and then, well cant tell the rest.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    A nice romantic dinner, a huge thing of ice cream.. the company of my one and onlyyy.. stuffed animal.. & mushy gushy romantic movies that make me cry.
    I've never been on a Valentines date.. :P
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I hate celebrating Valentine's Day, lucky for anyone who ever had the pleasure of being my boyfriend. I'd say go camping, but that's because I live in a land where the weather is perfect this time of year.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was married for 19 years to a man who depised holidays, all of them, with the exception of Thanksgiving...so I have not celebrated Valentines day in, I believe, 17 years. This year someone has asked me to go out with them, and wants me to decide what to do...I have no clue what to say...any ideas? what do you and your date typically do?
    Go have a nice dinner and dancing afterward to burn calories and to ignite some sparks between you two.
    Who knows?
    Maybe you two could end up burning even more calories!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I usually stay in and I make a special dinner and we watch a movie, but when we were first married a local restaurant of ours did a special where it was a dinner for two, a bottle of champagne, a rose and a desert to share. It was great and it was under $50 and we went for a walk afterwards (we lived in a warm climate then). I thought it was romantic and we had a lot of fun.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I hate celebrating Valentine's Day, lucky for anyone who ever had the pleasure of being my boyfriend. I'd say go camping, but that's because I live in a land where the weather is perfect this time of year.
    I couldn't take a girl camping. I always forget to bring something back. Although the thought of forgetting my gf in the woods does make me laugh:laugh:
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    As for the date, go out for a meal, buy each other little gifts to exchange at the table & then go back home for some wine & a movie :]
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    it's a date- have fun with it. Skip the normal dinner and movie crap and go to a museum or a local theater show. Have a progressive dinner (appetizers at a bar, dinner at one of your houses, dessert at a coffee place etc. etc.) get him a silly, small present, that way if he shows up empty handed, it's joke-y enough to not make him feel bad, or if he does bring you something, you have something to give in return. I hope you have fun! :)