Sad :(

Options
Its been a week today that i started properly and i was really excited about weighing myself but i havent lost anything, im not going to give up because this healthier eating is already making me feel better in myself im just gutted i havent lost any weight, i thought you lost it quickly at 1st then it slowed down? This will take me forever

Replies

• TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! It may have taken a good week just to balance out what happened the week prior. Who knows…after the holidays, you might have gained weight if you hadn't been so good over the past week. Just give it one more week and you'll see some results! Stick with it, you can do it! And it WILL pay off! :flowerforyou:
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    I feel the same way girl. I started out well, lost 5 pounds in 2.5 weeks, but haven't lost anything since. It takes time, but we can do this.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have you been honest with yourself when setting goals? Have you been drinking enough water? If you have an apple iPad or iPhone get the free MFP app which allows you to scan barcodes of foods to get accurate data, and are you measuring portions? Lastly, make sure you are eating at least 1600 cal.mper day.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Dont be sad.

As you have just started i will pass on a good tip i learned early on, take measurements. This way you are not relying on the scale for motivation or feedback on your progress. The scale is a prick.

Double check your intake and cals that you are logging to make sure its as accurate as possible and stick with it.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Take it easy .....

If your weight is very close to your Recommended weight that is very normal, if not just try to record your weight morning before breakfast ( no food no drink ) and after W.C.

Also I have one comment on your food diary, Please try to reduce calorie intake for the dinner, 550 is so much for the dinner.
    All of us expert the same issue many times.
    Just try.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dont forget sport
    it's very important
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dont be sad.

As you have just started i will pass on a good tip i learned early on, take measurements. This way you are not relying on the scale for motivation or feedback on your progress. The scale is a prick.

Double check your intake and cals that you are logging to make sure its as accurate as possible and stick with it.

I agree, take your measurements. If you have been exercising you may very well be building strength as well as losing inches.
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    If you want a quick jump start, try eating only fruit, veggies, and nuts (no salt) for 2 or 3 days. You can drink water and fruit juices. No fried food, no meat, no bread, no potatoes, no starches, no sweets, no smoothies, no pasta, no salad dressing (except oil and vinegar)
    We did this for our prayer convention at church for 3 days. I ate as much as I wanted, but restricted the type of food. Good time in the Word and in Prayer and in how I felt. Amazing how food can improve our focus, energy and mood.
    Don't be discouraged. We are all in it to win it together!
  • alymuir
    alymuir Posts: 50
    Options
    Take it easy .....

If your weight is very close to your Recommended weight that is very normal, if not just try to record your weight morning before breakfast ( no food no drink ) and after W.C.

Also I have one comment on your food diary, Please try to reduce calorie intake for the dinner, 550 is so much for the dinner.
    Just try.

I dont think 550 is so much for dinner, i have a light breakfast and lunch and more for dinner, as long as i am within my calorie intake (im usually under) its ok
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. A lot of people lose a bunch their first week, but not everybody does. I lost zero pounds my first week too. I lost only 1 pound my second week. But I stayed consistent, and slowly but surely, it kicked in. Hang in there.
  • herring1977
    Options
    mine didnt show untill 2 weeks later so keep go:smile: in
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Take it easy .....

Just try.

550 cals for dinner is not too much!!:noway:
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had the same feeling after week 1~ Did it all right and lost nothing! I'm starting week 4 today, and have lost 3 pounds!! Don't give up! Exercise is really the key for me!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged. I only lost 1/4 lb. the first week. It showed up in my clothes not long after I changed my lifestyle.
  • cdunlap1101
    cdunlap1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself for sticking with it and doing something healthier for your body, the weight loss will follow if you don't give up. I know how you feel because I have been there before too, it sucks, but sometimes it seems like your body just thinks you are kidding about this weight loss thing, but as you keep doing good it will finally realize you are serious and give in and follow suit!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Unfortunately, some weeks are good and some are bad. There are TONS of things that factor into weigh-ins, like hormones, water retention from exercise (this one kills me because the harder I work the longer it takes to see payoff,) water retention from salt intake in the days before, stress, and so many more. I'm a daily weigher so I know that it isn't rare for stuff to vary a LOT. I was doing super well this whole week, gained .4 lbs a week later. This morning I was down 1.6 from yesterday. WTF body!