I'm a newbie again!

Options
Every time I join a website with a forum, I have to go through that awkward newblet stage. But this time I'm happy for it. I have a feeling that, if I stick with it and do my best, *this* site may be one of the most important in my life.

So, that being said....

Hi ^_^

My name is Alle (it's not my given name, but it's the name I give myself)
I'm 26 years old, although myfitnesspal wants to add a year for that (not doing me any favors there website XP, just so you don't add any pounds to me while your at it!)

My starting weight is 235.
The heaviest I have ever been was 265 a few years ago, but I lost down to 215 due to having to be in several weddings in a row. However, in September 2011, my father passed away suddenly from a heart attack. He was overweight too, had been for a long time. The stresses of the last several months have packed 20lbs on me, and it's time to put the breaks on it.

I want to lose weight.
I need to lose weight.
Today seems a fine day to start.

My final yippeeskippeedoo goal is 140-150, a good weight for my height.

But I think I am not alone in saying the number I really want to see is 199. Anyone who has been over 200 for a long time knows that deep WANT. To get on the scale and see 100's... that would be a day!

Anyhoo, just posting to toss some thoughts out there. This seems a nice place you all have here. I think I might make myself at home ;D

Replies

• fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Welcome welcome, you will be 199 before you know it. You can do this :D
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome, 199 here we come :)
  • Alleonh
    Options
    Thank you Thank you. I'm psyched! ^__^
  • grannisue
    Options
    There is something magical about hitting the 199 mark. I work on 5 lb increments and can't look at the whole picture ~ to over whelming for me. This is a great place to make friends especially when you falter like I did over the holidays. They kept after me when I went MIA for almost 3 weeks and got me back on track. You will enjoy it here expecially as you share with others. Good luck on your journey to a thinner you! :flowerforyou:
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined too. I am at 205 and I can't wait to see that 199 :).

You will do great, just track every day and before you know it we both will be under 200.
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP this site is so addictive, i lost the plot there over xmas but getting back to it now, and back down to what i was before xmas. i find if i stick to my exercise i am less likely to over eat.
  • Alleonh
    Options
    Thanks to all the warm welcomes and friend requests. ^___^ I'm liking this boat that we are all in. *grabs a paddle*