Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones

Options
Hi all! I'm just wondering what people think of Jillian Michaels "No more trouble zones" workout, I did her 30 day shred workout and found it was really effective so I am just wondering if the No more trouble Zone is as effective.

Thanks!

Replies

• nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have only done it once but was sore for 2 days after, it really kicks your butt. :smile:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I've done both and overall prefer NMTZ to 30DS. It's longer but you can choose to not do all the circuits if you don't have the time. My heart rates stays more constant with NMTZ as well as it works more areas of my body - or at least seems like it. I haven't done it for long enough to say if it's more effective, but the calorie burn is higher (per minute, as well as in total) to 30DS so I imagine it's just as, if not more, effective.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it. It really kicks my butt and I go to bootcamp too, so that should tell you something. She really works on the areas us ladies need most. I also have 30 day shred, which I had first and I like No More Trouble zones so much better
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's centered on weights, different than the strength, cardio, ab circuit in the 30 Day Shred.
    It's also longer, I think 48 minutes or so plus the cool down. I generally use it for days I don't feel like doing cardio. It definitely tones you up though!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I like it. In case you don't know, it's strength training really, rather than cardio or a combination, but that works for me every now and then (I mix it up with other DVDs). I did it after the 30DS and Ripped, and in conjunction with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (also good - all cardio). Not all of her DVDs are so good, but I don't think you can go wrong with these ones.
  • mel63
    mel63 Posts: 2
    Options
    May I ask how all of you track 30DS in the exercise log?? Do you put it in as individual components or just under general circuit training??? I bought both 30DS and NMTZ the other day..today will be day #3 on 30DS and then I will move to NMTZ (if 30DS doesn't kill me first LOL)
    Thank you for your help!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    May I ask how all of you track 30DS in the exercise log?? Do you put it in as individual components or just under general circuit training??? I bought both 30DS and NMTZ the other day..today will be day #3 on 30DS and then I will move to NMTZ (if 30DS doesn't kill me first LOL)
    Thank you for your help!!

I put it in as "circuit training, general" until I got my HRM and then created an exercise in my diary for them.
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it. I sweat a lot and feel sore after. It covers a lot of areas. Currently doing 30 day shred with four days remaining. I'm looking forward to doing NMTZs again!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I loved it! Great toning moves for sure! U could try alternating between 30DS and NMTZ and do that too
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on what your main goal is, if you want to burn fat or gain some muscle in the process. Its pure strengthmoves, and it total depends on how heavy dumbells you choose to use it can be really sweaty. I think its excellent for beginners who want to learn proper form but are a bit afraid of the gym. Just keep in mind it supposed to hurt ( in a good way) and be uncomfortable. If its not your dumbells are simply to light. Also, when it comes to the moves without any weights, like the hip thrusts, remember to PUSH yourself to the max and dont stay on the beginner level for to long. Yes you might loose a few reps in the process the first couple of times switching to the harder move, but its totally worth it because once you feel you acttually get stronger, the reward is GREAT.