Does anyone admit to cheating?

Options

Replies

• cansmith80
    Options
    I wondered the exact same thing earlier today. Everyone is right though. You would only be cheating yourself. I log everything. No one is here to judge, hopefully, everyone should be here to help and support.
  • Royleen
    Options
    I allow myself one cheat day per week. Sometimes i go crazy, sometimes i just eat whatever appeals to me on this day. I don't log it in MFP as I don't really want to know... hense the word CHEAT day! :)
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think that would defeat the purpose of this site and try to be thorough when completing my diary. Although, I am sure sometimes (when the middle of the night munchies attack) I may forget to log. You are only fooling yourself by not being honest.
  • blady135
    blady135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nope! I log every little thing I eat. Also, this keeps me from drinking too much when I go out with my friends, because it is too embarrassing to log! Happy that I made my diary public.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I had this big ole long story typed here to tell you, but instead I will just say, don't worry about what others think of your diary, do this for yourself or it will never happen for you.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I think I do the opposite, if I'm guessing how much I ate (like if I was out at a restaurant) I always try to overestimate what I had, or choose the MFP food with the highest calories. If I don't measure portions out exactly, then I try to overestimate.

I'm doing the same thing. If I eat one Jalapeno pepper,
    it gets logged. I'm not only trying to shed a few pounds,
    I'm also using MFP to keep track of my sodium intake
    to help lower my blood pressure.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    really? to impress strangers? why?

^ my thoughts exactly
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    no...and not b.c I'm great or anything...only b.c...who would that help? Besides I have nothing to prove to any1 but God.
  • bornforthis1
    bornforthis1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am pretty honest but I have omitted stuff from my diary. More so when I started or when it was the holidays than now. And there were those days where I just didn't finish my diary for the day because 1) Had no idea how many calories I ate or 2) I cheated, felt guilty and gave up for the day. (followed by my guilty workout the next day)
    Sometimes I'll complete my entry, but have a snack attack that I give in to minutes later. Stupid button... lol.
    What helps is I have a "cheat day". I don't go all out and eat everything in sight, but allow myself some little treat so I don't crazy.

I would just love to curb my sugar addiction because when I have a craving, it's usually that. I want to be more balanced and accountable with my diary
  • Kimmygettingskinny
    Options
    I track everything that goes in my mouth even gum, nyquil, and tums. You are only hurting yourself by not being totally honest.I know that there is going to be a day when I give into temptation for something I know I shouldn't eat. When that day comes I will add it to my diary and pick myself up and move on. Bottom line you are only cheating yourself if you try to hide the fact that you cheated.:drinker:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    The 500+ calories I had to add the other day due to a m&m's attack says No!
  • rahonda28
    Options
    I log everything, the good, the bad & the binge days! It keeps me accountable to myself. so do I
  • Tdnb00
    Tdnb00 Posts: 7
    Options
    how would you do that? by indicating you ate half a portion when you ate a full portion?

I admit that I do that if I have over-indulged at a social gathering. Otherwise, I try to keep it true. Doing it on a regular basis would be a problem, I think.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    No, you're only really cheating yourself. I always include every single thing I eat or drink, even water and sugar free gum. And especially every guilt ridden calorie, fat, and carb.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    nahhh, your only kiddin' yourself arnt ya really.:smile:
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I leave things off all the time. Mostly, because i don't know how many calories are in the things.... I like to change up the things i eat all the time and it gets a bit hard for me to always put things on my journal. I'm guilty!
  • Mandaraem
    Options
    I track everything that goes in my mouth even gum, nyquil, and tums.

I'm so glad I read that! Call it a brain fart or whatever, but I honestly didn't even think about gum, tums, etc. Not that those are typical intakes, but still. Now I have that in mind, so THANK YOU!!!! :)

As for the cheating....I just started this week, but no way. I think if you're really serious and determined, then strangers be darned!! Besides, I'm doing this for me & I'm going to be accountable for it all. That's part of what I like about having the MFP app on my cell phone. I can't use the excuse of I "forgot" to log something because I was away from my computer. I felt guilty last night having a big bowl of apple crisp (over 400 calories), but I added it because I stuffed it in my face. lol My bigger problem is that I don't eat much & I'm really starting to realize just how much I DON'T eat. It's a real struggle to eat 3 times a day (as opposed to my typical 1 or 2). I don't have a big appetite, so I'm retraining myself.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i cheat and dont log that.extra hours exercise i did because i can't manage to eat all of those calories if its down it bring my net calories way below where they should be
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think I do the opposite, if I'm guessing how much I ate (like if I was out at a restaurant) I always try to overestimate what I had, or choose the MFP food with the highest calories. If I don't measure portions out exactly, then I try to overestimate.

This is me too... I choose the highest calorie option if i'm not sure! :smile:
    I do this too, just to be safe!

And I agree with the majority here...what's the point? The whole reason I have my diary viewable to friends is because it holds me accountable & I like looking at others' diaries for healthy meal ideas. I would never lie to impress them...that's the opposite of what I'm trying to do here. If I eat something someone else doesn't agree with & they get rude with me, I would just delete them...seriously. This is an online community & I don't really care about what strangers think about my food choices. If I ask for advice, that's one thing, but I know what I'm doing at this point for the most part.

I think we're all here for the same reasons & none of us are perfect or will have perfect diaries...I'm not trying to be the cool kid with the best diary! ;)
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I mostly log but if I have a really bad day I tend to give up logging and just know I didn't do too well. My diary is for my use at the end of the day and I don't feel I need to explain myself