New here, and could use support :)

Options
After being here for a little over a week I've decided I need help.
I lost 7lbs in the first week and then stalled...after reading a LOT of posts on here I realize why. I also realize why all of my dieting has only lasted a week. I cut my calories to the extreme and throw myself into starvation mode...which I know is not good. With much hesitancy and fear I upped my calories today (I set my goal to 1lb per week instead of 2). I'm also going to eat back my exercise calories now as well...I realized I've been netting 500-950cal per day this week and although I got amazing results, this is why the weight loss has stopped so soon. So, with that said, I need support in upping my calorie goal, and the occassional "EAT MORE!" I'm also having trouble staying under the sugar goal that mfp sets for me...does anyone else watch sugar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
By the way, I'm 25, and 5'1''. SW: 230ish CW: 226.8 GW: 130-150 (I'm setting my ticker to my smaller goals so I don't get so discouraged by the whole "96lbs to go")

Replies

• nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP :happy:
    What a great start you had and well done for recognising why you have stalled this week, alot of people would have given up at that. I'd be happy to offer support to you. Great idea to have your ticker showing smaller goals, I have mine showing what I've lost.
    Friend request coming your way :flowerforyou:
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, there is alot of support here, i to am guilty of eating to little calories but i try most of my calories are from veggies, i eat ALOT of veggies so when i do my food tracker i sometimes have 500 calories left for the day, but i am full. So i try to eat more some days i do ok others i just let it go. But i find if i stay around 1200 i do well....
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I don't pay that much attention to the sugar count on MFP because it doesn't seperate out naturally occuring sugars in fruits and vegetables, which I try to eat a ton of. I keep a written log of any processes/non produce sugars I consume. :)
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey there, it's great that you realized what was going on and corrected it. There is a ton of support here and that plays a big factor in motivation and self esteme. You can do this and we will be here to help you!
  • jjezak1
    Options
    I track my sugars as well. Being a mom of 2 I had gestational Diabetes with both pregnancies and lost alot of weight because I had to watch my carb/sugar intake. I dont understand how MFP can place my carbs for the day at 177 but my sugars only at 30. I just started using MFP and have been over my atleast 10 sugars per day. And have a hard time getting in all my calories without going over my carbs. Any one have any suggestions on higher calorie foods but keep the carbs down?
  • kes9880
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm also very new here! My goal on here is to loose body fat rather than actual weight so-to-speak
    I'm 5'10 and 86kg (size 14/16 and goal is size 14 and 76 kg) but have very annoying tummy and abs fat that I'm desperate to loose before 10th Feb (special occasion!)

I'm managing to to stick to my 1400 calories a day but the weight and fat doesn't seem to be shifting?? I'm sticking to my exercise routine but nothing seems to be happening and I'm getting disallusioned now :-(

Any help and/or support is gratefully received

Kelly
  • angbunny22
    Options
    Welcome! Takes some getting used to on here, I realized the closer to my actual count each day the better off I not only feel but the weight stays off too. Feel free to friend me and I'll help with support!
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    Welcome! I know that all needs lots of support and this site is amazing. I love it. Please add me.

I have 74lbs to go and my SW was 235. I am now at 224. Let's do it together :)
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I used to watch sugar but I stopped because I'm a fruit eating monster and I was usually always going into the red because of that. You can add me if you want some support, I love reading diaries and offering my opinion on things :) I'm also looking for someone to support me as well!

Glad you realized that eating under 1200 calories is bad! Some people just don't seem to get it, so I'm glad you understood why you weren't losing weight!
  • springermoms
    Options
    welcome once again, i'm new to this forum as well but heavens! not at all new to weight challenge. I've got my head around the fact that this is a life style ...you've got to enjoy the journey. and, there is not enjoyment in starvation. remember the tortoise and the hare? :flowerforyou:
  • rider123
    Options
    Hey there, Welcome, glad you joined us. Good for you realizing that you do need to eat a little more! This site really does work and we are all here for you. Friend me if you want to, be glad to have you. I don't watch sugars but you will find someone who does. If the site would allow me one more thing to watch I think it would be sugar. Enjoy your evening.
  • sandyj32
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to mfp as well. I am a mother of 3, work full time, married to a farmer and the farm, and bake on the side. It is hard to stick to the daily grind and try to lose the weight I want too - but I remind myself that it is for me and no more cutting out time for me. The only thing I need to work on is to up the exercise. I only get in 3 days a week for about 30 minutes. I need more but don't know how to fit it in yet. I am open to suggestions. My husband thinks I am fine the way I am but I don't feel comfortable and that is what counts. I am currently 209 and would like to get in the range of 160 LBS. That is a long term goal - but in a friends wedding the end of June so there is more to look forward to. I am always up for a challenge!!! :smile:
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Gina,

Don't be so hard on yourself, that's my job! Just kidding. Anyway looks you found lots of support and friends.

-DT
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! im here to keep u motivated! I know we can do it!
  • jasmineboop
    Options
    It is good to realize that eating too little is just as bad as eating too much wear weight loss is concerned. Not many people take into consideration that when we eat too little, our bodies start to store everything it can as fat.

I will support you as I have a large weight loss goal as well. I also look at the sugar and fat that was set for me as well. I am attempting to avoid diabetes and heart disease that runs in my family.