Yoga NSV

Options
pucenavel
pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
So I'm still a beginner in yoga - started doing it back in September.

It's a Sunday class, so we didn't meet on Christmas or New Years, then the yogi was sick last week, so it's been almost a month since the last class.

There's a particular pose that isn't difficult from a strength or balance standpoint that I've never been able to fully engage. It's the pavanamuktasana - you lie on you back bring your knees to your chest and then lock your arms across your shins. Before today, I've never been able to lock my hands on my elbows (or even come close to having my fingers touch my elbows).

Today - full engagement. Go figure. Must be because I've moved a bunch of that silly belly fat out of the way.

Disclaimer: I could not have spelled, yet alone pronounced, yet alone even have spoken the name of the pose - I had the yogi write it down for me. :happy:

Replies

• jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ah the wind removing pose! good for u!
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    as a newbie yogi myself...i gotta say....AWESOME!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Yes - that pose's other name: Fart Generator
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes - that pose's other name: Fart Generator

admittedly, I find myself leaving with less gas in my system... :embarassed: hahah!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!