new challenge!

Options

Replies

• lastconfetti
    lastconfetti Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have just joined this week so will be good to have a challenge to focus on :)

Name: Mel
    Starting weigh: 245
    Goal weight: 217
    Non Scale Goal: To fit in the brand new jeans I have had in my wardrobe for ages.
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Starting weigh: 190
    Goal weight: 135
    Non Scale Goal: to run a 5k, wear a bikini for the first time in my life, and be a size 9/10
    & a brief Introduction about yourself: i am a student studying to be an early childhood teacher i graduate in may so that is exciting. i want to look sexier for my bf of 10 years and to be able to move around with the children in my classroom. Let's do this.
  • hollyinPR
    hollyinPR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the other da how I'd like to join a challenge group for accountability and encouragement. This sounds perfect!

Here's my info...

Name: Holly
    Starting Weight (for the challenge): 274
    Goal Weight: 165
    Non-Scale Goal: Be able to wear the entire fun wardrobe of summer clothes I have that are 2-3 sizes too small by the the end of the challenge
    About Me: I am fairly new to MFP and after years and years of saying 'maybe this year I'll lose the weight', I have DECIDED that 2012 WILL be the year I lose the weight (no more maybes!). I've tried every 'quick fix' diet out there, with only temporary success. I'm resigned to doing it the hard way, with hard work and focus! Eating healthy, naturally and working out regularly. I'm already down 10 pounds and feel great! The community here at MFP has been great, and tracking my meals and exercise (and weight loss!) online has been really helpful for me. Other info...I'm in my late 30's, married, 3 kids (ages 14, 12 and 7) and my husband is on a weight loss journey with me. I live in Puerto Rico and work part-time in ministry outreach to high risk teens and young adults.
  • tabutterfly
    tabutterfly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My name is Tonya
    My starting weight is 132
    My goal weight is 120
    Non scale goal is to run a full marathon in 2012
    I love MFP but have gotten off track but i am here to get back in gear! :bigsmile:
  • tabutterfly
    tabutterfly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have never done a challenge like this before...where can I go to see all the people involved and how much they have lost & what the challenge is..etc... Thanks & I am SUPER excited!! :bigsmile:
  • helnahandbasket
    helnahandbasket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm in!

Name: Helen
    Starting Weight (for this): 146
    Goal Weight: 115
    NSV: Lots of goals but #1 right now is to look fit and feel comfortable at my friend's wedding June 1st and then at my own in the fall!!
    About Me: I discovered MFP 10 days ago after almost a year of struggling to lose some of the ~50 lbs I've gained over the last 5 years (and getting nowhere) and I'm super excited! I'm 26 years old, I work full time as a pediatric nurse and I am totally committed to getting healthy (and HOT :) this year!

Can't wait for the next 6 months with you all! we are all going to look amazing at the beach this summer :)
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kinda excited about a challenge

Name: Coni
    Starting weigh: 299
    Goal weight: 165
    Non Scale Goal: Run a 5k (not walk not walk/jog.. but jog the entire distance)

I live in a lil beach town in Florida right out side of Jacksonville, about a mile from the ocean. I love it. I have a teen daughter who is my life, hence her name Zoë which means life. I do a lot of DIY type projects... from my home decor to making my own wash soap. I've been fat most my life, lost it all once in my mid twenties only to have a tragedy strike my life and I dealt with it the only way I knew how, I ate, AND ATE. I'm now heavier than I ever thought possible and just want to be NORMAL.
  • RitzCracker87
    Options
    Name: Maritza
    Starting weigh: 190
    Goal weight: 155
    Non Scale Goal: Size 10 jeans and look great in a dress for my sister's wedding (June 23rd, the time frame for this challenge is perfect!)
    & a brief Introduction about yourself: I'm 24, happily single, just started my first "big kid" job as a Field Engineer. Being in the field can make for an interesting challenge when you're in the middle of nowhere from 7 am to as late as 8 or 9 pm! It requires a lot of planning ahead. My sister got me to join this site within the last month, but I think more motivation/accountability is better than a little! :)
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Flab to Fab Summer Edition <--that just came to mind about the name. haha,

or if you are wanting to do someting with the doll, how about: Summer Dolls!
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Do you have a website of DIY projects? I have started getting into this and would love to read and get ideas from.
    Kinda excited about a challenge

Name: Coni
    Starting weigh: 299
    Goal weight: 165
    Non Scale Goal: Run a 5k (not walk not walk/jog.. but jog the entire distance)

I live in a lil beach town in Florida right out side of Jacksonville, about a mile from the ocean. I love it. I have a teen daughter who is my life, hence her name Zoë which means life. I do a lot of DIY type projects... from my home decor to making my own wash soap. I've been fat most my life, lost it all once in my mid twenties only to have a tragedy strike my life and I dealt with it the only way I knew how, I ate, AND ATE. I'm now heavier than I ever thought possible and just want to be NORMAL.
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    summer dolls is cute, i say doll all the time haha
    how does everyone feel about summer doll challenge?
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    this weeks challenge is to do two minutes of planks per day... i usually do 1 minute then take a 10 second break and then finish with another minute of planks. if you dont know how to do a plank there are a number of videos on youtube that will show you proper form, good luck!! let me know how you do!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Samantha, summer dolls sounds good to me!

I remember planks being out first Skinny Christmas Challenge. I couldn't do it to save my life. Thanks to you, I've gotten a lot better at it. :laugh:
  • madison5302
    madison5302 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There are some very impressive people here. Thank you for your stories.

Name: Tracey
    Starting weigh: 140
    Goal weight: 128
    Non Scale Goal: Having my husband notice the difference without having to point it out to him.
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I am really excited about a new challenge =)
    Name: Denise
    Starting Weight 212
    Goal Weight 190
    Non Scale Goal be able to go running with my husband!

I am a stay at home mom with 2 beautiful children. I am really proud of myself have lost almost 30 pounds with the support of everyone here. I can do this and will do it! MY husband is very supportive as long as I am doing this for my self. I want to have more confidence in myself and I think that I am starting to get there. LIFE IS GOOD AND ONLY GETTING BETTER!

Denise
  • kennabrynn
    kennabrynn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I'll try this :) First challenge I've tried on here so wish me luck! ;)

Name: Katie
    Starting Weight: 150
    Goal Weight: 120
    Non Scale Goal: Run a 5K in 1/2 hour or less
    About Me: I am a 27 year old mom of 2 girls (2 1/2 and 8 mos). I am currently working full time and completing grad school. I was doing really well losing weight right after my daughter was born and then completely fell off the wagon once the holidays came. I hope this challenge will be an awesome motivator!
  • simplymily
    Options
    Hey,
    Hoping I can still join!!
    Name: Michely
    Starting weigh: 166.5
    Goal weight: 130
    Non Scale Goal: Fit into a size 7/8 jean and run a 5k not walk
    & a brief Introduction about yourself: I joined MFP a week ago and I'm loving what I see so far!! I'm 23 year old mom to an almost 4 year old. SHe's my biggest motivation. I want to be able to play with her without runnin gout of breath.
  • jeepingirrl
    jeepingirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can I still get in??

Name: Shannon
    SW: 232
    GW: 160
    NSV: To fit back into my old clothes!

About me.....I am a singe mother of two kids and I am just tired of feeling unhealthy. Nearly two years ago I quit smoking and now it is time to lose his weight!
  • LetJesusReign
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Starting weigh: 165
    Goal weight: 125
    Non Scale Goal: Fit back into my normal clothes, not jiggle when I walk, and be strong and healthy again.
    & a brief Introduction about yourself: I am 39, 2 teen sons. I homeschool and that keeps me sitting too much. I have been gaining weight for years, and its got to stop. I do well for short bursts, then I fall off the wagon and gain it back. Not sure why yet, but sure would like to get past that and onto the thin life. This challenge sounds really good. I was just thinking today about a goal for June, figure I should be able to drop 20 pounds or so before then, if I really stick to it this time.
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    you're all added, i will make a new thread tomorrow with the SUMMER DOLLS CHALLENGE as the title & post the link here!