Hi

Options
I'm new here and really am liking it a lot. So much easier to use than Sparkpeople which is what I was using... A little about me. Well... I'm a happily married mom of 2 teens. I'm slowly crawling out of a MAJOR FUNK... When I hit 200lbs I said to myself ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Been battling hypothyroidism since 09 - on my 4th med and it appears this may be the one that finally works for me.. Learned about 3 mths ago my hypothyroidism is from Hashimoto's. Forced myself this past week to join a bootcamp class and started the couch to 5k program. I do the bootcamp tues/thurs and am doing the C25k the other 3 days in the week.
I would like to get down to 140 for starts.... I right now my scale says I'm @ 190 so this week is off to a good start. I belive most of my success this week was actually just amking healthier eating choices and STOPPING THE SODA INTAKE.... and started drinking water instead. My water intake prior to this last week had been almost zero for the past 4mths.... like I said I was in a big big funk but I believe I'm done feeling sorry for myself and am ready to really make some better choices and start truly living to be a healthier me!

Here's to making some new friends and achieving some major milestones too! Happy to be here and happy to share this journey with you all!

Replies

• Anikib
    Anikib Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I have the couch to 10K app on my phone and love it!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Moosey,

2 teenage kids! Well there's your problem! Just kidding. Sounds like you're on your way!

-DT
  • dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I started the couch to 5k, but didn't finish it. I got a ellipical at home and am doing Jillian Michaels 30day shred, right now. Hoping to start couch to 5k in spring!