Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie w/ pic!

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
banana2.jpg

This could possibly be the best smoothie I ever made! It's full of protein and healthy ingredients so it makes a great breakfast by itself. :smile:

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2012/01/peanut-butter-banana-smoothie.html

Replies

• lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It sounds very good. Is this your recipe/blog? What is the difference between frozen yogurt and the plain yogurt mentioned ? Isn't yogurt ... well... yogurt?
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yum! I make something kind of similar, but throw some light chocolate soy milk in the mix. Basically, it's protein powder, a banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 cup light chocolate soy milk, and a couple ice cubes... blend that up & it's delish! Certainly on the higher side calorie-wise for my typical breakfasts (367 calories with the protein powder I use), but nothing too crazy and it's super yummy! :-)
  • jdelisle
    Options
    It sounds very good. Is this your recipe/blog? What is the difference between frozen yogurt and the plain yogurt mentioned ? Isn't yogurt ... well... yogurt?

You'd think going by name alone! :) Great question - frozen yogurt is more like ice cream, but made with yogurt instead. Basically, it's a healthier alternative to ice cream.

Yep, this is my blog! Thank you very much for your comments :)
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is perfect. I've been looking for a good smoothie like this. Thanks :)
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hey I may go make me that one right now since I have over 1000 calories left to eat :) looks sooo good!!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    banana2.jpg

This could possibly be the best smoothie I ever made! It's full of protein and healthy ingredients so it makes a great breakfast by itself. :smile:

*drool*
  • earnestdennard2l
    Options
    WOW! That has to be GOOOD!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have the same smoothie in the mornings but I use almond milk instead of yogurt. It is delish!!
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I have the same smoothie in the mornings but I use almond milk instead of yogurt. It is delish!!

Almond milk, always a solid choice! :)
  • mbenfie1
    Options
    what is it made out of?
  • jdelisle
    Options
    what is it made out of?

You can find the full recipe on Cooking With Jax! :)

• jdelisle
    Options
    Yum! I make something kind of similar, but throw some light chocolate soy milk in the mix. Basically, it's protein powder, a banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 cup light chocolate soy milk, and a couple ice cubes... blend that up & it's delish! Certainly on the higher side calorie-wise for my typical breakfasts (367 calories with the protein powder I use), but nothing too crazy and it's super yummy! :-)

That sounds great as well! :)

This one is a bit higher on the calorie side for sure, but since it so full of healthy ingredients, I generally have it on days that I'm really busy and don't have time to sit down for a meal. Much better for you than those chalky meal replacement drinks they sell in grocery stores!