stretch marks

Options
Now that I have lost some of my pregnancy weight, my stretch marks are more obviously in places like my thighs, behind my knees, boobs, etc... my stomach isn't bad though... Has anyone found a way to make stretch marks go away?? Once I tone up will they be less obviously?? Or should I get a cream to put on them?? Does anyone know of any good creams that work??

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Nothing works. I know that when I get my abs back I still won't be showing off my tummy. I've covered....it's all genetics. It sucks.
  • wonderwinnie
    Options
    There is one that works pretty good but I have to look at the bottle when I get home. It was really cheap at Walgreens too! I had a c-section and it really helped my scar also. Like you, I only have stretch marks on my thighs, thank God! How old is your little one?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Nothing. :-) There's creams and ointments that claim to help. Surgeries that claim to work. I asked my dermatologist and she says there's really nothing that works. :mad:
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    There is one that works pretty good but I have to look at the bottle when I get home. It was really cheap at Walgreens too! I had a c-section and it really helped my scar also. Like you, I only have stretch marks on my thighs, thank God! How old is your little one?

He is 11 months old!! How old is yours? Yeah, I have a few mild ones on my stomach, but not bad at all.... they are all mostly on my thighs and since i"ve lost weight I notice them on my calves now too!!! Those ones really drive me crazy!!!! Let me know if you find out what that stuff is called... I would love to try it out.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    when I have a tan it makes them a little less noticable, but they dont go away. sorry :flowerforyou:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have actually found that using Palmer's Coco Butter Lotion has helped mine fade overtime. It takes a while, but if you use it every day after you get out of the shower, you'll notice a difference after awhile...then again, I am becoming more toned in that area, so it could be because of that too..I'm not sure!:ohwell: I've also heard it depends on how large and deep the marks are too.

I've read about a product called StriVectin. Its expensive (about $75.00-$80.00), but from what I've heard it works? Hope this helps you!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    ugh. stretch marks.:angry: I hate them!
    I've had them since I was 16....horrible thing to have when you're that young! It's so embarrassing:embarassed:
    I got them from just being overweight (I wasn't even THAT overweight, which is the part that sucks...maybe like 10-15 extra lbs overweight like 150ish lbs in HS) I have them on my upper arms, my belly, my sides, and my thighs. :angry:
    I'm a redhead too so I can't get a tan..it seems like they're always glowing white lol.

but to the point, I have found absolutely NOTHING that works. I've tried a lot of stuff for several years. Nothing. You'd think they'd have something by now.:grumble:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Nothing works. I know that when I get my abs back I still won't be showing off my tummy. I've covered....it's all genetics. It sucks.

hear hear....darn babies :laugh: There are plenty of scar creams on the market that claim to lessen the appearance but when it comes right down to it most of the color has to do with your personal skin type. I have noticed that some have become smaller as I lose weight but they will never be gone.

I may not ever wear a bikini so I just decided to wear mine as a badge of honor for plopping two giant sized babies out! :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

He is 11 months old!! How old is yours? Yeah, I have a few mild ones on my stomach, but not bad at all.... they are all mostly on my thighs and since i"ve lost weight I notice them on my calves now too!!! Those ones really drive me crazy!!!! Let me know if you find out what that stuff is called... I would love to try it out.

I'm guessing that you're talking about Bio Oil, I've heard really good stuff about it and many people on here had good results with it last year...I've just started using it so I'll have to wait and see!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Bio-Oil---cheap and works---lightens up the stretch marks pretty good. They area there, but less noticable.
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread! I will have to check out that bio-oil. I got sooo many stretch marks with both of my pregnancies. They are definitely fading, but I probably have like 40 or 50 white lines all over.
  • wonderwinnie
    Options
    That stuff from Walgreens is called Prefer On. You do have to use it every day though. I can't say that the marks will totally disappear, but it will help. My Aidan is 19 months and worth every stretch mark :)