2500 :o

Options
Hey Guys!!

Today my personal trainer told me my BMR is a whopping 2,500 calories :-/

He worked it out by multiplying my weight in KG (103.9KG) by 23

I'm soo confused because the H-B formula tells me my BMR is 1810 and the K-Mc formula tells me its 1490ish, and now my trainer tells me this

Can anyone help me out or explain this please

Replies

• drivermarshy
    Options
    id like to know the answer to this... my personal trainer worked mine out at 2300ish, feel nervous eating so much!
  • BritishDarling
    Options
    id like to know the answer to this... my personal trainer worked mine out at 2300ish, feel nervous eating so much!

I know right, i was soo shocked by that.

He told me to eat 2500 calories everyday, burn 500 through exercise and then i should be able to lose 2-3lbs :-/
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    wow thats quite amazing. i easly burn 500 a day so should make a concious effort to eat up to my 2300. worth a shout eh
  • BritishDarling
    Options
    wow thats quite amazing. i easly burn 500 a day so should make a concious effort to eat up to my 2300. worth a shout eh

deffo worth a shout, nothing wrong with trying
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    Yeah it's just finding a way of increasing cals without increasing bad foods x
  • BritishDarling
    Options
    Yeah that is a issue for a lot of ppl including me..look around the message boards theres some great suggestions :-)
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    Just saw one thread about a peanut butter banana smoothy... Think I've found my answer :)
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Personally I take what a PT says to me with a grain of salt. They do not have a degree in diet and nutrition. They are trained to show you how to exercise.
  • BritishDarling
    Options
    Personally I take what a PT says to me with a grain of salt. They do not have a degree in diet and nutrition. They are trained to show you how to exercise.

Yeah i suppose so..he really threw me off tho.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    This is why I love this site getting real people's real findings. I will be guinea pig for the next few weeks making sure I get my 2300 cals (minus 500ish) and see if a/body gets tighter or b/lose any weight as I've plataued