Just posted my diet... PLEASE check it out. Tell if i need t

Options
Hey Guys,

I had a few people asking to post my deit to see what I am eating and if i am eating the right things. Please take a look. And tell me what you think. I would love your feed back.

For those of you who are just reading this, I am 5'9 Weight about 178-180 up and down i want to be around 165-167 ish before I leave to Europe in March. I am doing JIllian Michaels 30 shred i'm on day 4. Havent had much results yet. I carry most my weight in my mid section. Got some pretty amazing people help me out yesterday.

I am staying away from the scale now and did my measurments today.Please tell me if I am doing anything wrong, and if there is food I should stay away from.

Thanks Again!!

Replies

• n_soares3
    Options
    Oh forgot to mention I am also doing Jillians Detox/Cleanse and Burn to try to get all the bad junk out of my system. Still feeling very bloated. =(
  • meredithd13
    Options
    hi,

i'm off to europe in march, too. have to fit in my ski pants... eek!

i had a look at your diary (is this what you mean by your diet?). i don't think you're eating enough. you have a lot of calories left over. from what others say on this site, you should try to eat your calories, or close to it, or you may find it hard to lose the weight and keep it off.

eat more! hurrah! just eat more good stuff like nuts, avocado, natural yoghurt, lean meat, fish, veg etc. not too much fruit, no processed food, no puddings etc (well, every now and then is fine for a treat, of course).
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Just glancing through your diary, I think you need to eat MORE. You should try to net at least 1200 calories per day, although more would probably be better. If you don't eat enough, it'll be harder to lose (believe it or not!). As far as your food choices, they don't look that bad!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I had a few people asking to post my deit to see what I am eating and if i am eating the right things. Please take a look. And tell me what you think. I would love your feed back.

For those of you who are just reading this, I am 5'9 Weight about 178-180 up and down i want to be around 165-167 ish before I leave to Europe in March. I am doing JIllian Michaels 30 shred i'm on day 4. Havent had much results yet. I carry most my weight in my mid section. Got some pretty amazing people help me out yesterday.

I am staying away from the scale now and did my measurments today.Please tell me if I am doing anything wrong, and if there is food I should stay away from.

Thanks Again!!

Eat more! You are harming your weight loss by eating so little. You want to lose body fat and not muscle? Eat at a small deficit (at the very least, EAT your BMR) and do weights.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • lisa812many
    lisa812many Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat a little more by adding color to your diet with vegetables -- green, red, yellow, purple (beans, asparagus, bell peppers, spinach, ...). Have fun in Europe.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Thanks Again!!

Eat more! You are harming your weight loss by eating so little. You want to lose body fat and not muscle? Eat at a small deficit (at the very least, EAT your BMR) and do weights.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    i go with the family. Eat more
  • calicanttakeit
    Options
    Ditto on eat more, but also more carbs if you're not suffering from any conditions that make you shy from them. Fruit, vegetables, and whole grains will help your body power through the workouts. If you're not getting enough calories or carbohydrates your metabolism may slow.