How to loose 1 pond a day

Options
so this is week two for me and Im trying to loose 7 pounds in 7 days to hit my weigh in goal on Friday. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose about 1 pound a day without starving yourself. My first week I lost 8.4 pounds but that was probably beginners luck so I'm sure this week will slow down. Anyways I just want advice on how to keep the momentum going thanks!!!

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    just put the pond on the kerb of your house with a sign on it that says 'giveaway' :tongue:

I wouldnt set myself such targets though, it sets you up to fail. Just go for a couple of pounds a week and be HAPPY with your progress!
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    First week is just water. 7 pounds in a week is not healthy to aim for.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Your goal is pretty unhealthy and not a wise goal. You can't sustain that kind of loss. The 8.4 lbs lost in the beginning are mostly water weight.

I'd advise that you reconsider and that you set goals that are realistic. I'd recommend trying for 1 to 2 lbs a week.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you want to set a pond loose, just untie the knot.

Seriously though; it is extremely inadvisable for you to even think of losing a pound a week, nevermind per day. I'm purely going by the weight on your profile and the average person, but, based on that, you are far too small for losing that amount of weight to be a healthy goal. You'd have to be seriously obese for that to be feasible. You could hurt yourself aiming for that, or, at the very least, set yourself up for failure and disappointment.

To keep the momentum going, focus on exercising and eating well. Planning good meals in advance works well. Try to be more active in small ways - for instance, play football with your little boy.:)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1 pound a day = 3500 deficit A DAY. Say you burn 2000 a day normally. You'd have to workout for 4 or 5 hours to burn an additional 1500 calories and eat NOTHING.

A pound a week is a much more realistic and healthy goal.
  • Venus2011
    Options
    Mostly water lost. 1 pound lost a day is not realistic or healthy for any human being. You didn't gain one pound a day, so please don't try some crazy fad diet to lose one pound a day. Don't sabotage your goal before you get start on your path to an health weight lose. 1-2 lbs a week is much more healthy. With that wieght loss you will be able to keep the weight off too. Crash diets never work.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Find someone who has norovirus or rotavirus and acquire their germs! You'll barf your brains out for three days and come out weighing 10 pounds lighter. It totally worked for me a couple weeks ago! Of course, you'll be weak, achy, feverish, suffer from muscle cramps and a racing heart - all side effects of the dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. End/sarcasm

Honestly... there is no real way to lose a pound a day other than by severe dehydration or really extreme amounts of exercise. I know you want to lose quickly, but please be safe and healthy and set reasonable goals.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Tape Worm!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - you might see that on the Biggest Loser, and people that are that large might lose that much in a week, but they are on a ranch being fed a special diet and working out like 6 hours a day. It's normal to lose 1-2 pounds a week. And the good news is that when you lose it like that and make lifestyle changes you keep it off. Fasting or purging or other crazy methods of losing weight just set you up and the weight comes right back.
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    losing 7 pounds in a week is not 'getting healthy' for a baby

just sayin
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Tape Worm!

That's about the only way it's going to happen outside of quitting your job and working out full time and eating very little. A pound/day is a VERY unhealthy goal. The people on Biggest Loser do it, but we don't see what happens behind the scenes. They really don't lose weight the healthy way, many of them gain it back, and they are under constant doctor supervision.

I'm not even going to say "good luck" on this one because it's foolish to even attempt on your own.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    so this is week two for me and Im trying to loose 7 pounds in 7 days to hit my weigh in goal on Friday. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose about 1 pound a day without starving yourself. My first week I lost 8.4 pounds but that was probably beginners luck so I'm sure this week will slow down. Anyways I just want advice on how to keep the momentum going thanks!!!
    You could try amputating your limbs....
    That makes about as much since as crashing dieting away your health.

I don't mean to be un-kind here, but you are totally sabotaging your fitness goals.
    Please rethink this road you are on and get off, regroup, set reasonable goals and get to the work of health and fitness.

Think 1 pound per week.
    I'd say more, but I just think it's falling of the deaf ears of somebody who spends too much time watching "The Biggest Loser" - the modern encyclopedia of how not to lose weight.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Not healthy at all. You will have to do some serious damage of your body to even attempt losing that kind of weight.

It's not a race, you should think about losing 1-2 pounds a week. What you lost in that first week was most likely a bunch of water weight.
  • Carolyn130
    Options
    1st week was mostly water with some fat probably. Your goal of 7 # this week is unrealistic if this is the last 7 # you have to go. So unless you are willing to cut off your leg I would shoot for 2 #. If you starve yourself and work out aggressively you will sabotage your metabolism and get sick.
  • Tcarreen
    Options
    If you want to get healthy and teach your son to be healthy, losing a pound a day is definitely not healthy!:ohwell:
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have 7 ponds? I'm sorry they're so tight. In order to loose a pond, I would let the dam go.
    In order to lose 7 pounds however, I would follow the advice given above.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

It might be a better idea to eliminate weight goals and dates, as it puts undue pressure on you to lose X amount by a certain date and if you should fail it gets people down.

If it was that important to you, you could manipulate your water balance throughout the week by messing with your sodium and water intakes, but it will all come back after
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    First, get a saw...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I hear the human head weighs 8 pounds...you could surpass your goal!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Fill it with dirt.